Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New to site  (Read 1925 times)

Offline bee4

• Brood
New to site
« on: March 26, 2008, 07:50:47 am »
Hello. greetings from Austin,Texas.  The reason I joined the forum is because I have a nest at my house and want to get rid of it without insecticide.  Reason being is that I have read over and over that the bee population is getting pretty scarse for some unknow reason.  I don't want to use insecticide and have those bees go kill other colonies by accident.  I love nature and understand the importance of the bees in this world and don't want to hurt them just get them out of my house.  I bought a mobile home that was in pretty bad shape and was missing the plastic cover that goes under the house tocover the floor.  When I started repairing it I noticed honey combs that had dried out for a while at one corner of the house under the floor.  I scraped it off and covered all the underneath with boards and insulation.  After the under neath was covered up I noticed some bee activity at that corner but did not pay much attention to it.  Well, now there is more activity and there has been for several months now. 
As I said before, I don't want to kill them just get them out of there.  Get them their own home if possible but away from my house and kids.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks for allowing me to this forum....................

Regards,
Alejandro Cardona

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: New to site
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:13:40 am »
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:26:58 am »
Welcome Alejandro,

Take some time and think of the possibilities of hiving that group of bees for yourself and your family. You might be able to provide a home for them and benefit from the extra honey etc that they could provide for you. Good luck.

DennisB

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 10:22:15 am »
Alejandro.  That is wonderful that you want to save the bees instead of killing them.  Welcome to our forum, you will receive answers to your question, that is what we do here, listen and learn.  Be patient.

As Dennis said to you, you should think perhaps of trying to "get" these bees for yourselves.  You would be surprised how interested you could become with these bees.  Think about it, if you don't want to keep bees, that is good too, wait for an answer, something will surely come.  Have a wonderful and greatest of these days, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service