Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Block wall cut out, Cocoa Beach FL  (Read 2615 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Block wall cut out, Cocoa Beach FL
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:37:24 pm »
This was a fun one, Dennis2021 and his ever-so-lovely wife Beth were there for the experience. What's better than a beautiful day spent with friends and bees?

Little access hole with a poured concrete lintel above and elec breaker box below. The comb went about 20" down.

Cocoa Beach cut out_0001.wmv

The camera battery took a dive near the end but it was a success.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Block wall cut out, Cocoa Beach FL
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:33:52 pm »
Make a bigger hole..... Great video.   Did the hive just swarm?

I tried to get a hive in a cinder block retaining wall with a hole about the size of your hand.   You could see the bottom of some empty comb, but that was it.  They did not want the hole any bigger and the top of the wall was 6 feet up.  They were going to fix the hole and paint the wall.  Oh well, with in the week it was mortared over. 

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 07:29:03 pm »
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. In this case there was a poured lintel at the top of the hole and, of course, the main fuse box and meter below. The comb went down about 2' or so and was really wedge in there.

Nice gentle bees though!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 10:42:58 pm »
I saw you in a T shirt and said NO way he did that this week
Or he's a NUT   :shock:
I then looked up at the date
I'll revoke the Nut statement
Did you get what you could and Stucco it back up
or finish as a trap out ?

Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 11:02:57 pm »
We got every bit out and patched the wall (for a little extra $).

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 09:32:30 am »
Cool video my friend

edit...look real close on the back of his shirt...lmao...I'm in the wrong job assignment

anything