Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Meeting PDmattox, Likes to Grill and maybe TWT soon!  (Read 3503 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Meeting PDmattox, Likes to Grill and maybe TWT soon!
« on: May 30, 2007, 05:12:36 pm »
Hi Gang:

I figured this is a pretty good place to post this. On June 14th to 18th I'll be flying down to PDMattox( Dallas and Family's home) for a wonderful 5 day gathering, getting to meet all them, visit their massive family property, bee hives and RV Park will be a wonderful experience which I know I'll remember all my life.

While there, Likes to Grill (Dan) who lives only a few miles away from Dallas' will be meeting up with us and hopefully TWT (Ted) will be coming down from Georgia for a visit while I'm in the "Neighborhood" about a three hour drive  :roll:

I really became close to these friends when we all migrated to voice chat, where you really learn about each other, make friends and have somewhere each night where you can find people who you really enjoy the company of :)

So, I'll be flying from Newark Liberty in New Jersey to Jacksonville, Florida and then a wonderful vacation with a Father and Sons (Dallas and Austin and David) who I have grown to really care for like REAL family. Dan and Ted are really great men who I hope to get to meet while there - I'm pretty sure about Dan, Ted sure would like to make it, but work may make it hard to do.

So, Thursday thru Monday, June 14th thru 18th I'm meeting a few of our GREAT voice chatters - next and hopefully over the Summer will be the Buzzbee Family - although no set details are made yet, I'm hoping Tracey and I get to spend a day with Ken, Jen and Josh somewhere doing something memorable.

If and when you get to meet other members of the forum, please post it, and please don't forget your camera.

Expect Youtube Videos to follow the upcoming trip - I already bought the extra cassettes for the camera and I really know you'll enjoy the get-together :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Meeting PDmattox, Likes to Grill and maybe TWT soon!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 12:02:34 pm »
I am not sure  but I may be in Atlanta then.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

PS. Currently in State College, PA
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 07:29:17 pm »
Hi Brendan,
Too bad I didn't know you were so close. I am only about 45 mins to an hour away!Got lots happening next couple days,but if you are in the area again ,drop a pm!

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:18:32 pm »
I sent one earlier. If you didn't get it let me know.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 12:24:53 pm »
I start a big job the 11th, maybe that weekend of the 11th I can ride down but cant promise..
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 12:08:48 pm »
So, I'll be flying from Newark Liberty in New Jersey

while my experience with that airport is limited to one (entire) day.....i'd say that IF you can find the airport and IF you can get there......you have only fought a very small part of the battle.  good luck with that flight!   :evil:

take pics!!!!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 12:17:47 am »
Kathy:

Everytime I have have flown has been out of Newark, so getting there (albeit a necessary evil) is something I'm use to. I have not though experienced post 9-11 air travel, so I'll be leaving my house at 5:00am for a 8:15am flight and the airport is only 50 minutes away. Lucky I have a 14 hour charge time on my wife's mp3 player and it is loaded with 9 audiobooks :)

Newark is a nightmare indeed, it is underestimated in it's massive flights - it is the O'hare of the Eastern Seaboard, literally. So, I'll pack wisely, make sure my Federal ID is handy at all times and be sure to NOT wear my steel-toed safety sneakers as I did at the Liberty Bell Museum - lol.

Only four days until the trip - I'm really excited to meet Dallas and his family and "Likestogrill" Dan and his too :) It's neat that they are only about 6 miles away from each other - Dallas owns so much property, that almost makes them neighbors  :-D

I'll be doing more than pics (although a 2 gig SD Card is in my cam-corder) I'll be doing movies for Youtube to share with everyone - I still say, the community that we have here is what makes our forum so special, seeing other members in photos and videos will surely be a great expression of what is possible when people make friends :)

Thanks for the travel wishes..
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 11:28:03 am »
John, you are a lucky man to be travelling like you will be doing, meeting friends and enjoying life.  Enjoy, take your time and love your trip.

If you ever come to southwestern British Columbia, give me a call, I would love to meet ya too!!!!  (Canada is not really that far north you know,  :shock:  Have a wonderful day and trip.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 06:54:15 pm »
It's not the north part, Cindi, it's the way-out-west part that makes it so far!  :)