Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Specialty honey from early blooming crop  (Read 8839 times)

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
Re: Specialty honey from early blooming crop
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 02:03:56 am »
have you been in Norway, Sweden and in Finland to see, that they are working with cloudberry?

Oulu University has collected 120 cloudberry stocks. But as far I have understood, Norway has done before us  cloudberry researches.

I live in Sounth Finland and here cloudberry boggs have dried upp to grow timber. Here clouberry grow best under small pines, habitat called "Räme"

. I am botanist and I am fond of berry picking.

Language barrier NOT included

Offline Kaisa

• New Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 05:14:59 pm »
Yes, actually I am from Norway and have worked a few summers with Rapp who released the first cloudberry cultivars.  I have visited Oulo university and have also been to Rovaniemi where they have those huge plastic cloudberries bigger than people.  I hear they put a web camera out in the bog to follow the ripening of the cloudberry fruit so people know when to go out picking!

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 03:02:47 am »
I hear they put a web camera out in the bog to follow the ripening of the cloudberry fruit so people know when to go out picking!

I am sure that some one will steal the camera or they put a picturein front of the camera where is raw berries all the time :)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 12:50:20 am »
Hey Finski, that's some ecological swayall (sp?) you have in the bottom picture.  Ecological Swayall, that's the new politically correct word for a ditch.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline wd

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 01:05:16 am »
Some have plastic and or concrete nonetheless, looks like an irrigation canal to me

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 12:13:06 pm »
Hey Finski, that's some ecological swayall (sp?) you have in the bottom picture.  Ecological Swayall, that's the new politically correct word for a ditch.

I look a dictionary : swayall
The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 12:45:08 pm »
I believe you are looking for "swale".

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 01:25:24 pm »
Definition of SWALE
: a low-lying or depressed and often wet stretch of land; also : a shallow depression on a golf fairway or green

Yes that's it. Poor man's golf something

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 04:30:49 pm »
Definition of SWALE
: a low-lying or depressed and often wet stretch of land; also : a shallow depression on a golf fairway or green

Yes that's it. Poor man's golf something

That's it, swale: Our city engineer informed me that the proper name for the ditch along the road in fron of my house is an ecological swale.

That's the way it typed it first but spell check rejected it, now it doesn't seem too, temporary bug?  But hey, I must admit I don't always have the convidence to believe I'm smarter than a machine, especially when it comes to spelling.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!