Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: coomb honey sweetness  (Read 1917 times)

Offline amandrea

• House Bee
coomb honey sweetness
« on: February 07, 2007, 08:30:38 pm »
I brought a frame of wild honey to work. Everyone loved it but said it was extremely sweet. They could only take a little bit without it taking the top of their head off.
At the time I thought they were mistaking the strong wild flavor for sweetness but being in the coomb and hyposcopic or is it hydroscopic, it may have been that sweet. I understand the bees themselves will cut it with water. Any information or thoughts on this?

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Re: coomb honey sweetness
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:40:36 pm »
I haven't got a clue on that.But I know a guy who likes Blue Cheese with comb honey then some Brandy.Try that with your comb honey
kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 09:22:29 pm »
The term you're looking for is "hydroscopic" or, being able to absorb moisture from the air.  I would have thought that would make it less sweet given, it would only dilute the honey.

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 02:29:02 am »
Hygroscopic, being able to absorb moisture from the air. Hidroscopic, if possible, is being able to find hidden water.
Are words that came from the ancient Greek.

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 04:16:26 am »
I have written hidroscopic, instead of hydroscopic...finally, neither Greek, nor English, nor Spanish. :mrgreen:

Offline DBoire

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 06:49:04 pm »
Man!, do I have to try the blue Cheese and Brandy thing!

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 08:19:30 pm »
Oh Yeah try the blue cheese and Brandy I mention it when I sell comb honey the cheese shops love that Idea sell some to the Cheese shop

"Create a want Fill a need"
kirk-o
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon