Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bellina Marie & The Cactus Flower  (Read 3824 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
Bellina Marie & The Cactus Flower
« on: May 28, 2008, 11:52:01 am »
These flowers got bigger each day! Wow, bigger than the plant...

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Bellina Marie & The Cactus Flower
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:48:17 pm »
Holy cadoodlepoppers batman!!! Those flowers are bigger than the cactus, who said dog pee's not good for plants!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:17:14 pm »
Hope the dahlias I planted get big like that. Having some trouble with the dahlias as gophers got under the seedlings and destroyed a few of them. Gophers do not eat dahlias I hear, but the tunnel was right under the seedlings. I have more to plant though, as I potted more than I need.  Wish me l luck

Annette

Offline mairghead

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 04:38:29 pm »
That's gorgeous!  It reminds me of the flowers Hallie put on John Wayne's casket in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance."  Gave me a happy moment for the day, I just love that movie. (I'm so embarassed at how nerdy I can be) :)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 11:05:14 pm »
Gophers LOVE dahlias!!!!

Never feel goofy for feeling~*~*~

And a great cadoodlepopper to you all~*~

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 10:24:11 am »
Sharon, oooh, what a beautiful flower with Bellina Marie just a groovin' alongside.  I can't wait.  My Sister has begun to plant the dahlias in her gardens, she has more room for the big flowers than I do near my house.  I will be planting lots out near the bees in my areas, but there will be many.  I think combined, with the open faced and others there are about 100 plants, eeks!!!!  That is a lot of holes to dig, hee,hee.  The proper germination of these seeds was incredible, I think every one I sowed set a seedling, wow!!!  You will have to explain how you gathered the seed, it looked just like the petals of the flowers to me, but that didn't make too much sense.  Good going girl!!!

I think white flowers are the prettiest of all, and the night glow of white is incredible.  Beautiful and most wonderful day in this incredibly beautiful life we all live and share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything