Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Whoo Hoo!!! Got them before the storm!!  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
    • Organic gardening and Bee Services.
Whoo Hoo!!! Got them before the storm!!
« on: June 26, 2009, 10:55:03 pm »
Well the camera worked this time I am soo happy here are some pics..................

IT went well I would suck up a bunch and then dumped them into a supper.......

They all started to fan the top abter the third bucket so im assuming that I got the queen then. 

It started to rain right as I was finishing up and all (alot) of the forragers made it back to the hive I reckon and I was able to suck them up and take with me.  This is TOOOOOO much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img218.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1070719.jpg

I forgot to add the inside view so here it is..........

http://img141.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=p1070716.jpg
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Whoo Hoo!!! Got them before the storm!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:03:50 pm »
Congratulations Highlandsfreedom on the cut out

Johnny

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:16:34 pm »
Looks like you did a great job. That sure is some nice white comb.

Was this the first time you used you bee vac, it sounds like it. I am glad for you.

thanks for the pics also.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 11:38:16 pm »
The names David and no I have used a bee vac three times now the first two were without one.....NEVER again........ :shock:  I have just reciently quit beeing a bee killer by keeping them in the bucket.  I now suck for about 5-10 min., then dump them into their new home.  I need to dump about 4-5 times depends.  Yah the comb was REALLY soft but I was able to fill 4 frames with the comb.  Then I kept about a ball the size of a softball to try and make some candles?? Well see how that goes.  I LOVE this hobby. 
To bee or not to bee that is the question I wake up to answer that every morning...

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 12:00:53 am »
just saying that you sounded excited about the bee vac, making it sound like it was the first time you used it.

candle making eh, going to melt the wax and pour in moulds? solar wax melter??

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Highlandsfreedom

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 12:04:14 am »
I need to build a solar wax melter first but for now I reckon I will use the ol' pot of water for this time.  I think we will make ?voltar? candles my kids will bee helping me.

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 12:45:46 am »
Nice work!!!.  I know what you mean, I love this too.  I learn something new, every time I do one.  Just wish it would stick in my thick noggin ... LOL  nice work!
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman