Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Question - ghosts, Guardian Angels?  (Read 20550 times)

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: Question - ghosts, Guardian Angels?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 11:39:20 am »
One thing I have realized is that what I believe is the afterlife is right here. I don't think everyone floats up miles to heaven. I do believe in God, the after life and some sort of nirvana ( I hope)
I believe though that other dimension, heaven is right here, within a few feet of us.
I saw my sister in law walk through a doorway only a few feet over my head.
I don't think people go to another "place" per se as in a far away destination, its another dimension and we walk around in it every day and don't realize it unless you have a higher level of conciousness.
My pastor once described all this as cracks, a crack here and there that we slip in and out of. It kind of reminds me of the stephen king book the talisman where you could slip in and out of dimensions and lives within these cracks in the universe.

Doak, congratulations on your sobriety, truly I mean that. It takes alot of strength for people to live a life of sobriety and I pray you always keep that strength.
I believe that your father is very proud of you and you probably had him worried before you were sober.
Also, maybe how we live and behave is connected to our loved ones and maybe we give them some sort of energy and maybe it helps them communicate better if we have good energy.
I have no idea, just speculating on how it all works, which we probably will never know in our lifetime.
I do understand what you mean by a parallel world, that is what I was trying to describe in this post as well. I do believe that there is another whole dimension right within where we live and work everyday. I do feel it as well.

Brian I think you are right, it happens more often that people realize you just have to be open to it.
I live in a house built in 1768, there is alot of history here.
Long story short, we have all seen spirits here. You will walk into a room and just see someone standing there and they disappear.
My 5 year old daughter has always talked about the little girl that lives in this house and wants to play with her, she tells me that when she is downstairs she will hear the girl call her name and ask her to come upstairs to play.
It scares my daughter but I try to comfort her and explain it all away.
Well there was a little girl that died here many years ago. The town historian is my next door neighbor and he has all the records and even has a picture of this little girl, he gave me a copy recently and I don't know what to do with it so I put it in a draw, I know he thought he was just sharing information.
When we first moved here 15 years ago my daughter who is 19 now was only 4 years old and she talked about how she was mad at me for moving us in with another family.
SHe said that she was mad at me because I told her how we were getting our own house and did not have to rent an apartment anymore and she said I lied to her.
So when I asked her to explain she said that we were living with other people, she described and old man an old woman and a black man who wore short pants and didn't have any shoes.
She saw these people as plain as day.
My son who was only 2 years old at the time use to sneak into the attic and talk to someone there.
I would find him in there saying  so what are you doing now? what do you want to do? stuff like that.
One day he was eating his breakfast and he turned to yell over his shoulder, "I'm coming and he jumped off the chair and ran upstairs to the attic.
I had put a lock on it because of him sneaking in there and he cried and banged on that door.
It scared the blank out of me, let me tell ya.
I had a yard sale one day a couple of summers back and a woman came up to me and said that she saw a woman in my upstairs window.
I looked and didn't see anyone and I told her thats  my son's room there is no woman there.
She said yes there is and she looks upset. I still didn't see her until I realized what she was really trying to say.
She asked if she could go in my house for a few minutes, I took her inside and she said that she saw a little girl.
I had told her nothing at all about my house or any other spirits that anyone else had seen.
She said the little girl is lonely and that she goes into whatever room I am in.
It was over 90 degrees that day and the hair on this woman's arms were standing on end.
She started explaining all these other spirits that she saw, she said there are so many here.
He son came into find her and she said do you see anyone here and he said there is a guy and a woman in the bedroom there, which was just off of the room we were in.

I guess alot of people can see things, especially children who are more open with their spirits.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 11:43:41 am »
doak, i think some people are naturally more sensitive to the spiritual world.  in fact, scripture, legend, and mythology, all tell us that man used to communicate openly with spirits/god/etc.  perhaps we lost our connection when we decided to be "civilized"....or when we turned away from God and substitute religion, giving the responsibility for our spiritual health over to the/a church (whichever one you choose :-) )
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2009, 11:45:14 am »
Gotta tell you Natalie I don't believe I could spend a night in your house. That would scare the bejesus out of me

Keith

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2009, 11:50:45 am »
Some people are more in tune with the spirit world because they take the time to go there and observe and participate even.

Its hard enough keeping up with things going on in this world to involve yourself with another!

Natalie, interesting things going on over at your place.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 12:04:45 pm »
You know doak, I was just thinking about what you said about the other dimension and I remembered something that happened to me a year or two ago.
One night my husband called home from work to check in on us and I asked him to bring home a case of water and my son asked him to bring home a can of soda for him.
We said our goodbyes and hung up.
I was reading in bed a little while later when I heard him come in the house and drop something loudly on the floor which I thought was a toolbox and then realized it had to be the case of water.
His keys were jangling very loudly and I wondered where he got so many keys and then thought maybe his boss gave them to him.
Then I heard him talking to my son and they were being very loud and thought to myself how they were going to wake up the children.
So I hear him go to the closet outside by bedroom door to change out of his uniform like he always does and I lay down thinking he would be in within a couple of minutes and I waited.
I ended up falling asleep and when I woke up he was not in bed.
I got up to see if he was watching tv and he wasn't there, he wasn't anywhere. I looked out in the driveway and the car wasn't there.
I went upstairs to ask my son where his father went because it was so unlike him, he is not the type to go out anywhere and my son says that he hadn't seen him yet.
My son tells me that he heard his dad come in and drop something on the floor and he heard me and his dad talking  :?  He said that we were being loud and when he came down to get his soda from his dad that no one was there.
He said the car was gone so he thought I sent him back to the store for something.
He also heard the loud keys jangling.
When I told him that I never saw his father much less talked to him he was shocked and swore he heard us talking.
I told him that I heard him and his father talking and he said he saw him either.
So both of us heard my husband come in the house, with loud keys jangling, drop something down on the floor loudly and heard a loud boisterous conversation going on and we both thought it was the other one talking to him.
I called my husband to see where he was and he says that he is driving home from work right then and would be home in a half hour or so :?
Yikes. So I spill the whole story to him and he doesn't even know what to say. He tells me to check the door to see if its locked and it was, it also had the hook latch on the top of the door that we keep on so the younger children don't go out near the busy street.
So someone would have had to let him in anyway, he would have been locked out.
So who came in like they were getting home from work, going through the whole motions of returning home from a hard days work?
Its like someone else lives and works in the same place as us but its a seperate dimension, like we lead parallel lives.
I know it sounds bizarre but it really happened to me and I don't know how to make sense of it all.
My house use to be a stage coach stop that ran from here to Boston, it was also a farm and a shoe factory.
The shoe factory is now my next door neighbor's house and they said they hear someone come up the steps to the bedroom every night like clockwork.
There is alot of history here and maybe some energy gets trapped or something, I don't know.
I had never previously given any of this type of thing any thought but since these things have happened more and more here I have been trying to make sense of it.
I consider myself to be a somewhat sane person and not prone to delusions but I do know what I hear and what I see.
Someone told me that things happen more in an old house when you disturb something there.
I just unearthed a well in the backyard 2 days ago that had been buried, the masonry work was pretty impressive and I figure I will have the top of the well built up nicely by a mason, my neighbor who is the town historian saw us and came over.
He said oh you finally found the old well, very good. He said ya know the little girl and her grandfather that died here died from drinking bad well water from that well.... :? :oops:

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2009, 12:24:45 pm »
I just saw the replies that came in while I was typing. Kathy I think you are right with your observation.
Jp and Keith, I have a friend who will not be alone in my house, will not babysit because she is scared. Her husband stayed here while her and I ran down to the corner store one night to buy catfood and when we came back he was standing there with his coat on and said they had to leave right away.
He said he saw and heard ghosts or something and he literally bolted to his car, now that scared her so she feels the same way.
I know that when you come home sometimes here you can hear alot of voices, sometimes I think I left the tv on and when I go into the living room to shut it off its not even on.
It sounds like someone is having a get together that you walk in on.
It happened just last night, my husband was laying in bed and I came in and just as I started to climb in we both heard voices and he said did someone just turn the tv on? I said no everyone is in bed but I will check, well of course there was no tv or radio or anything on and the voices just stopped.
The first time this happened to me was a week or so after I moved in and it scared me so bad I ran to my car and drove to my parents' house.
I have gotten use to it now. The only other time it scared me was a few years ago when I was home alone with the kids and I thought someone broke in.
My husband had gone to the supermarket, it was pouring rain and I was pregnant with my 6th child so I was hanging out on the couch reading.
I heard what I thought was 2 men talking outside the window and I ran into the other room to check my toddlers who fell asleep on my bed. I stayed in there with them while I listened and I thought the voices were in my kitchen.
I picked up my cell phone to call 911 and the phone was dead even though I thought I had a full charge.
I am now in full panic mode so I am hiding behind the door listening, I could hear their voices but did not know what they were saying.
After a few minutes I didn't hear them and I snuck to the next room to get the house phone and I looked around and didn't see anyone. I made a dash for the phone just as it rang and it was my husband calling to ask if I needed anything else at the store and I am hysterical telling him I thought someone was in the house and while I was telling him this the phone died.
I frantically tried to call out but I couldn't get a dial tone.
I still did  not see anyone and the back door was in my full view and I didn't see anyone leave.
My husband came barreling in scared to death because I was crying and yelling on the phone and then he got disconnected.
Long story short, no one broke in and the voices I heard were probably the ones I always heard but the phone thing scared me out of my wits.
When we checked the phones afterwards both of the worked fine.
 A few nights later when I was laying in bed the house phone rang, it was like 2 am and I looked at the caller id and it said the call was from my cell phone.
I thought, what the heck, did I lose my cell phone and someone found it?
I answer it and no one is on the other end.
I get up and grab my pocket book from a chair in the dining room where I left it and sure enough my cell phone was in my bag.
I know you guys think I am crazy by now, but I will tell you one more thing.
My house is very old and the basement is  musty with stone walls and a dirt floor.
Its not a very pleasant place so I don't use it for anything but storing paint cans.
When we moved in we cleaned it all out and raked out the dirt floor.
We had a new hot water heater and a furnace installed in the past couple of years and we have been down there for a few things like that.
My husband went downstairs to change the filter on the furnace a short while back and came up with this bewildered look on his face and tells me that he just found a headstone down there.
I'm thinking what is he talking about if there was a headstone down there we would have seen it by now.
He makes me go down there and sure enough there is a headstone laying against the wall next to the furnace.
Now we sure would have seen that by now, especially next to the furnace.
It was a plain headstone, very old and the think oval shaped ones.
It had some think cracks in it but otherwise intact. It did not have anything carved into it that we could see.
I have no idea how it got there and why it got there. I do know that it wasn't there before and what it means now that we found it.
I don't know if someone is trying to tell us something but it does scare me. I don't know what to do with it so it stays there.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2009, 12:53:27 pm »
Natalie I do think your crazy, but not for the reasons you think, for staying!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: There is no way I would still step foot in that house after everything you have experienced. The part about the phone sounded like the plot of a good horror movie no way could I sleep at night.

My Mother saw ghosts when she was younger (20'S) when she moved from her old family home to go to college she quit seeing them. I believe it is connected to houses and thank my lucky stars I have never been in one of them.

Keith

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2009, 08:11:07 pm »
Hey Natalie, got to ask, what's halloween like at your house? I guess just like any other day huh? ;)

What an interesting house you have. I don't think I would be scared except for the break in stuff. My first inkling would be to try and help these lost souls, if that's what they are.

Have you ever asked them what it is that they want or need?

I saw this movie the other day with Kevin Bacon, not a brand new movie but it was showing, very interesting, called Stir Of Echoes http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164181/

Have you seen it before Natalie? After reading this post I wonder if there are spirits with closure issues going on in your house.

Your stories are very fascinating.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2009, 08:48:03 pm »
Jp, I do think there has to be some sort of unfinished business or something here and maybe its related to the headstone, not sure.
The woman that saw the spirits here that day said the old woman was very sad, she didn't say why but she said she could come back some day and try to talk to them.
I want her to and at the same time I wonder if we will stir things up even more.
Just recently I e-mailed a paranormal investigator and explained everything in the e-mail and when I tried to send it it kept freezing up and then it just go weird.
I do know a guy who just started working with a paranormal investigator and he said they could come out this spring and see if they can pick up any voices on the machines and stuff like that.
I told him I just want to know if they want something or if they need me to do something for them.
I haven't really tried to talk to them, except when stuff goes missing ( I know this sounds crazy) but I will say I really want my keys back or whatever is gone missing and if you leave the room and come back a minute later the keys will be right there where you just were.
I did see that movie you are talking about a few years ago, creepy huh? But it does show how spirits will contact you about stuff.
I know it does sound nuts like keith says to stay here but I really do love my home and I don't usually get too scared except like something like the whole phone thing happens.
Otherwise you sort of get use to it. I had an electrician do some work here before and he worked a regular day job for his company and did this job on the side so he did it at night after work. I rented a house a couple of doors down while the work was being done(we had plumbing work being done and the bathroom being renovated so we couldn't stay here) so he was here alone.
I don't know what happened but he said someone had to stay in the house with him while he worked because he said that he knows there is something going on here. I never told him anything but he wouldn't telll me what it was he saw or heard, he didn't want to talk about it.

My son had a friend from school come over one day and his mother dropped him off, when he came in he said that his mom recognized my house and told him that when they were looking to buy a house they looked at this one but she said when she went in and looked at it she felt like it was haunted and had some weird feeling so they left.
My nephew helped me move in after I bought it and he put some stuff in the attic and when he came back out he said I will do whatever else you need me to do but I don't want to go back into the attic, he said there is something in there but he wouldn't tell me what he saw.
He has been seeing spirits since he was a child and he is very sensitive to that kind of thing.
The attic doesn't bother me so much even though I can definitely sense a presence but the cellar makes me very uneasy.
I think I block alot of stuff out so that I don't freak myself out, either that or its just that you get more comfortable with it.
One time my mother babysat and my daughter kept flipping here head back and then she said Nana stop pulling my hair and my mom said that she would never pull her hair and my daughter said oh its them then and my mom watched and she said she swore on her life she saw my daughter's braid moving like someone was yanking on her braid.
There has been so many things happen here that I could write a book
 I have been restoring this old place for the last 15 years, it was really falling apart when I bought it but I just loved the place and the history of it . The people that lived here originally were friends with Daniel Webster and he use to come here to get his congressman's boots made by the shoe factory on this property.
I love restoring it to its former glory so I hope the spirits approve, I actually get worried sometimes when we change things that I will upset the balance or something here but I have never modernized it other than the plumbing, heating and electrical systems.
I don't even have a dishwasher or garbage disposal because I am trying to keep it as original as possible.
I know there is alot of people who don't believe and my husband was one of them but he will tell you that he has seen and heard things that have changed his mind.
There are some things that cannot just be scientifically explained away.
I will let you guys know what happens when those paranormal investigators come out to the house this spring.
Maybe I can help the spirits, it bothers me that the woman that saw them said they are sad and lonely.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2009, 09:09:00 pm »
Natalie, write everything down, and yes you may want to consider writing a book. Perhaps you don't quite realize it but your experiences in that house are a best seller and a movie in the making.

Horror movie writers would be chomping at the bit to get your story, most of the time its made up stuff they write about, yours is the real deal.

Please be careful with whom you bring into your house to help you with these issues, seek references if possible. You certainly don't want someone to add fuel to any flames that may be burning.

The lady that cares sounds nice but ask her if she has experience with this sort of thing. I would vote for help from someone who is knowledgeable but very sensitive and caring to these lost souls or whatever they are.

Be very weary of some strong, aggressive type of personality who wants to get involved. Just my .02, not trying to tell you how to do your business.

Best of luck and please keep the stories coming! And write them down, you won't regret it.

...JP

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2009, 09:51:14 pm »
JP, you are right about who should get involved, thats why I haven't done anything with it yet. I get nervous that they will stir something up and I wonder if I should leave things alone. Then I start to worry that these spirits will be stuck here forever so I would have to tread carefully so that I don't screw it up.
I told the guy that wants to come in and try to record voices that I don't want them to do anything to cause trouble but he said they just set up equipment and hang out. I guess they can catch conversations in the background that no one else hears but they don't try to contact them.
There is a woman someone told me about that will come to your house and ask if they want to communicate.
The people that told me about her have spirits in their house and the woman asked if they wanted to talk and they agreed.The homeowners mentioned that they hear the kitchen door knob rattle every night and a spirit said that he is the caretaker of the house and he walks around every night and checks all the doors and windows and he told the woman to tell the homeowners to call him Joe.
They played a audio tape for me and you can hear a woman call her son over, she says come on and the child's name.
They looked into it and the child died as a toddler.
They have the whole story of the house and its spirits now but I don't think they asked the homeowners to do anything to help them pass over.
I may contact her to see what she thinks, I don't want trouble but if I can help them I will.
I will start a journal on all this JP, its an excellent idea, thanks.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 01:32:46 am »
Ask God to be with you on this Natalie. Pray for guidance. Best wishes to you and yours and may God surround you with love.

...JP

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 02:01:32 am »
Natalie, i have always been intentionally vague on my beliefs because i like to try to get people to think, not react.  i must tell you that messing with the spirit world is a dangerous thing.  i believe that there is absolute good and absolute evil.  angles and demons, if you will.  evil is the great deceiver.  i do believe that we have a choice in our spiritual life.  we open ourselves to good/God, or we open ourselves to evil/Satan.  most people would not open themselves to evil intentionally.  thus the need for the deception of the demons.  what you see and feel is real.  it just may not be what you think it is.

are there ghosts?  perhaps.  if there are, they do not need our help to reach their destination.  it was determined before they died. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 11:21:28 am »
Kathy, I do understand what you are saying and I believe in that too. That is why I have never done anything with it so far but I feel guilty that there is a little girl involved, why would God want her to be left behind? I have so many questions in all of this.
I have never wanted to do anything that can let anything else in, such as a seance (sp?) or anything, that scares the daylights out of me.
I just don't know why they would be here. Why do you think they were left here on purpose, like predetermined before they died? I would be interested in hearing more about that.
I have heard that if they have unfinished business it will happen or if they don't realize they are dead it can happen but I am not sure why else.
Is this their form of purgatory?
I can't imagine why a little girl would have to repent unless its for the sins of her family, I just don't know how all this works.
I know what you are saying about deception, it seems that this would be a child though. My children have seen and talked to her, she asks them to play with her and that woman has seen her and says she is lonely. But you have a point and I understand that is how deception works as well.
I worry that I have some responsibility if I know about them and don't do anything.
For the most part, I don't feel scared here. I mean in my normal everyday life its fine, once in a while something will give you a jolt but we are use to the regular interactions here.
I just don't like the basement and thats where we found the headstone. I wonder what that headstone is about, but it doesn't have anything written on it.
The fact that it just appeared after more than 10 years is so strange that I wonder if it was suppose to be telling me something.
JP, I will ask God to be with me on all of this, I will pray and ask for his guidance. Thank you.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 12:27:01 pm »
ask yourself why someone would want you to believe that god left this girl behind.  what might that do to your faith and your opinion of god.  evil lies.  that should always be your first thought when you evaluate anything in any realm.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 01:47:04 am »
Kathy is correct, there are good and evil spirits and it can be very easy to allow the evil ones to take over your life, I've known it to happen and it almost happened to me.  But there is a way to exert and maintain control of the commications between realms on the spiritual level but it is not for the amatuer.

One thing about evil voices, they keep increasing in number is control is not exerted and will eventually gain dominence, they keep suggesting more and more outrageous things and one person can be being harrassed by hundreds of them.

Natalie, those people who "live" in your house are there because they are confused or lost as to where they're supposed to be and a consequence are reliving a period of their lives over and over again.  If you see one, and if the historian can give you the names of the individuals, just call them by name and tell them to look for the light, that the answer is on the other side of the light.  You will then have or see something similar to what is shown on the ghost whisperer when she sends someone over.  That part of that particular show is most likely based on someone's actual experiences.
You can send the entire "family" over.  Often, when a family is involved sending one will automatically send the others because of the spiritual ties.

Kathy, this type of stuff has little to do with any religious sect or denomination, it is universal to all mankind, regardless of Mormon, Catholic, Protesant, Hindu, Islam, etc.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 11:41:17 am »
Brian I will have to check out that show one time. I gave up television a few years ago and have no idea of what is on tv anymore.
I know what you mean by them living a part of their lives over and over again because I heard what sounded like someone coming in from work one night.
Everyone in the family says they can feel someone sit on the edge of their beds while they are sleeping. I have felt it too, just like someone sits down and the egde of the bed sinks down.
Sometimes the dogs will stare at "something" and bark like crazy and back up, they will keep looking at me and then at "whatever" and bark and growl.
I think most of the time what we hear is a child.
After my grandmother past away everyone was coming to my house after the funeral.
I was busy preparing the house and I asked the kids not to make any messes.
I could hear someone playing upstairs, you could hear all the toys in the toybox being dumped  out and it sounded like a truck going back and forth along the floor.
I yelled at them to stop making a mess and my husband came in the room and said why are you yelling the kids are sitting on the couch watching tv with me?
Sometimes you can hear a ball bouncing over and over.
One night I was sitting on the couch with my husband and I heard one of the kids come down the stairs from their room and I yelled out to them and no one came in the room but them I heard footsteps going back up again.
A minute later I heard the footsteps come back down and I yelled for them to come in and see me but they didn't, I heard them start back up the stairs so I jumped up to follow them in case someone was sick or whatever and there wasn't anyone there.
I ran up the stairs and checked their rooms and everyone was sound asleep.
When I came back down the stairs I found a doll sitting on one of the bottom of the steps, it wasn't placed there but looked like it was dropped.
My daughters were well past the doll playing age and I was pregnant with my youngest daughter and these dolls were put away in a closet.
Just gives me the idea that it could be that little girl.
I have a picture of her. I don't know why but my neighbor who is the town historian thought I would like to have a picture of the girl that lived here,  he also gave me a picture of the house from way back then with the family standing on the front lawn.
I can see the black man that my daughter sees in that picture and there is a woman with a baby buggy, but I am not sure about the rest of them. Its getting very faded, but I don't recognize the rest of them.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2009, 02:06:34 am »
Ghosts are spirits caught between.  That is they are still in the earthly realm but most people can't see them as they are normally transparent.  Ghosts can make themselves known, visually, physically, and audiably.  Spirits caught between are usually either there because of a tramatic event near or at death, because they believe that's where they're suppose to be (don't recognized the existance of the spirit world), or they are locked in a turmoil.  They can be instructed how to reach the other side as I've indicated.

I knew one gentleman whose mother had died.  About a year later his father, who had pssed before the mother came to him and told him he had to go out the cemetary and talk to his mother.  Seems her spirit was still united with her body, even in death.  So he went to the cemetary and he could suddenly see his mother lying in the coffin, spirit and body.  He called out to her several times, finely she woke up and asked what he wanted as she was waiting for Gabriel's horn to blow.  Once he had his mother's attention his father was then able to appear and take his mother with him to the other side.

My parents died several years ago, to this day, once in awhile I can still feel them set down on the bed I'm laying in. I still sleep in the bed my father died in.  It's kind of a confort to be reminded they are still so close.

I know another man who has 2 sisters, the sister are very competative and always into one-ups-manship.  As their mother was dying the sisters made the mother promise that she would return in a year after her death and tell one of them about it.  A year later the man was sitting in the cab of this truck when his mother appeared to him. She took him on a tour of the spirit world and told him that she had kept her promise to return and tell one of her children how it was, but that she came to him because going to either of his sisters would have caused more problems between them. 

There are a lot of such experiences out there but people keep them to themselves because they think others will think them crazy and as a result we've lost much of our ability to communicate with spirits.  There are also a good number of people who've died and lived to tell about it.  They see the spirit world for themselves and at some point, if the body is intact (survivable) they are given the option to return and complete their life's mission.  We only here from those who chose to return not those who chose to stay.

For John (Beemaster): I'm sorry I miss out on a lot of the tongue-in-cheek stuff that gets written but I have an excuse.  Ever go to th doctor with a pain and he asks you, on a scale of 1 (low) to 10 (hi) to rate your pain?  My doctor doesn't ask me that anymore, only the specialist I occassionally get referred to.  I look at the pain scale like the Richter Scale where 2 is 10 times worse than 1 and 3 is 10 times worse than 2 and so forth.  Level 10 is at that point where the human body can no longer handle the pain and unconsciousness or coma results.  Due to all the physical ailments and injuries I've experienced in my life my normal pain level is about level 7, 24/7.  Pain pills manage to keep it bearable, barely.  On a real good good day I can be a level 5 and actually have a sense of humor but most of the time it is more like operating in a daze.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2009, 09:59:19 am »
I am curious to know whether they realize we are here. If they are going about their business, reliving parts of their lives and we don't exist for them and occasionally they may see or hear one of us like we do with them.
Ever see the movie called the Others?

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2009, 05:48:58 pm »
Brian,

Sometimes I wonder what those that don't experience constant pain would rate the pain that we sufferers experience all the time. After all we have learned to live with it and put up with it. But just imagine if another was suddenly hit with it.  :shock:

For the longest time I thought it was normal to have pain in the head and that everybody had it. Imagine my surprise when I learned that there were actually people out there with out pain.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

anything