Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Practical Beekeeper, by Michael Bush (ebook question)  (Read 3182 times)

Offline adamant

• House Bee
The Practical Beekeeper, by Michael Bush (ebook question)
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:10:52 pm »
i bought the book.. great book BTW .well worth it.
question: is there i ebook format? and if so how can i load it on to my blackberry?

Offline ShaneJ

• Field Bee
Re: The Practical Beekeeper, by Michael Bush (ebook question)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 07:33:07 pm »
Its available in 3 different ebook formats. See here: http://bushfarms.com/xstar.htm
Shane

Offline adamant

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:39:27 pm »
thank you

Offline adamant

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 12:53:50 pm »
i loaded kindle for blackberry . this computer and download stuff is all new to me.. does anyone know if it can be loaded ? its thru amazon

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 05:40:22 pm »
It is a pain to get anything but a kindle book into the kindle app. You want to get an epub or PDF reader for the blackberry and then get either the epub or Pdf version of the book.

Offline Apis_M_Rescue

• House Bee
  • Pollinating So Cal
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 04:49:07 am »
Does anyone know if buying the single hardcover offers more in way of text & pic material or broken down into the 3 seperate soft cover offers more? Does either format have color pictures?

Asking as was thinking of sharing w/ other beekeepers & the color pics might lead em in more. Also the 3 soft cover series has beginner book & that would not overwhelm one starting out.

Cheers, David
Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.  Proverbs 16:24

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 06:51:56 am »
>Does anyone know if buying the single hardcover offers more in way of text & pic material or broken down into the 3 seperate soft cover offers more? Does either format have color pictures?

The three softcovers are not only the exact same material they have the exact same page numbers for the exact same material.  None have color pictures.

>Asking as was thinking of sharing w/ other beekeepers & the color pics might lead em in more. Also the 3 soft cover series has beginner book & that would not overwhelm one starting out.

My thinking was I wanted a small paperback beginners book, but that was the same as volume I of the book...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Apis_M_Rescue

• House Bee
  • Pollinating So Cal
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 01:54:39 pm »
Thanks Michael, that helps me go for the 3 Vols & will lend them to my expanding local bee circle of urban bee keeping/rescuing friends.

Cheers, David in San Gabriel Valley
Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.  Proverbs 16:24

anything