Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lion's Ear -- an alternative to cannibas??????  (Read 32991 times)

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
Re: Lion's Ear -- an alternative to cannibas??????
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2008, 11:05:35 pm »
Oh yea Salvia isnt any salvia plant, its Salvia divinorium.
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2008, 08:20:39 pm »
Directly Digesting any thing has more powerfull effects.

Smoking doesn't.

Why? If you smoke something, your lungs absorb what ever it is to a certain extent. If you eat something it is all digested and absorbed into your body. When you smoke you blow out smoke still don't you?

That's inaccurate.  Inhalation is the most direct route to the bloodstream, short of injection - which is invasive.  "If you eat something it is all digested and absorbed..." - um, go to the bathroom much?   :roll:  :lol:  Digestion has numerous disadvantages: stomach acids destroy actives, absorption rates vary significantly depending on the individual, diet, solubility, etc., etc., which makes it difficult to administer proper dosage, etc.,.  Still better than smoking though!  8-)

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2008, 08:31:58 pm »
Guess I've led a sheltered life never heard of it until today. :)

Offline Vetch

• House Bee
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 11:33:38 pm »
Hey Cindi!
 I just looked up Lions ear and it really got my attention!
 Its supposed to be good for helping balance heart rhythms and slow down fast heart rates! This would be beneficial to me as I have both these problems!..Unfortunately, I'd kinda be afraid to stop my regular medicines to try lions ear out...But, if someone here were to try it first, I might do it too!
your friend,
john

Ah, motherwort!  It is a rather mild sedative that acts on the oxytocin receptors (maybe others as well).  I have had motherwort tea a few times, it was ok - at normal doses it was more relaxing than chamomile but not intoxicating. A gentle herb when used according to tradition, except the oxytocin effect on the uterus might not be what pregnant women want (unless they are ready to deliver).

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2008, 10:03:01 am »
Vetch, that is interesting.  I grow Motherwort as an annual and I also have a perennial one that I planted last year.  The annual has orange flowers, evidently this perennial one has pink ones.  The perennial is a massive plant already.  Set my annual ones in the ground yesterday.  I am presuming that it is the flowers that are steeped.  Herbal teas are wonderful.  Beautiful day in this greatly wonderful life. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mairghead

• House Bee
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2008, 04:22:40 pm »
Someone said Catnip having an effect is a myth and I'd like to add that it is not.  Significantly milder and wierd, but not a myth. 

I don't think it's worth trying though.

Jackie

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2023, 08:28:20 am »
How bout mixing a little in the smoker. a little for you a little for the bees, everyone happy! :-D

Haa Haa. I have been scratching my head for years wondering "how does JP seem to always, or most always have such a calming effect on bees when doing his famous cutouts." :shocked: Well Hummm'''. lol   :wink:

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.