Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from a first year beekeeper, Whidbey Island WA.  (Read 2222 times)

Offline KenS

• Brood
Hello from a first year beekeeper, Whidbey Island WA.
« on: September 12, 2012, 12:50:59 am »
Hi,
My name is Ken, hence the screen name KenS. Not too original but it works. This forum was recommended by a local beekeeper, so I'm here to check it out, and hopefully learn from time to time. I started out this spring with two Carniolan packages, have had poor luck with queens this year, and just last week I consolidated my two hives to one. I'm hoping to get the one through the winter, then start a second hive next spring.
That's about all for now.
Best regards, Ken

Offline BabcockFarms

• House Bee
Re: Hello from a first year beekeeper, Whidbey Island WA.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 01:08:57 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I hope that you come out next spring with a strong colony.
Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 01:46:39 am »
Welcome to the forum, Ken.  May you have better luck.  There are lots of threads and videos here to help. 

Joe

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:48:58 pm »
Welcome to the forum. 

Offline yelnifok

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:31:07 pm »
Hello Kens,welcome to the forums- there is a whole lot of good info. as well as a large number of experienced beeks here to help. better luck in the spring. lee...

anything