Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: CCD  (Read 4962 times)

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
CCD
« on: April 23, 2010, 08:56:32 am »
We may not have CCD amongst our bees, but the keeps have all disappeared!

Where is everyone? Lone, Geoff, Westmar, Mick(s), Mardak, Pete, etc?

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Re: CCD
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:46:03 pm »
                 Still here Phil. Probably asking myself the same question.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Little John_NC

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 12:20:25 am »
You reckon they went on a walk about ? Maybe we need to inform the cops ,put out all points bulletin (APB) for the missing Aussies.
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
I miss me mates.
Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

Quote from chronicle of  Marcus Lucanus of the Roman civil war: Caesar said :
"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
" Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 04:46:41 am »
Gets cold around Napoleons, so not much activity. 1 gum tree flowering so sup feeding syrup to build up hives for winter. Theres a big conference in Mildura early in June with visting speakers from USA and Australia discussing all things bees and what they have learnt and what we may glean info about.

Mr Randy Oliver is the beekeeper and lecturer.

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 10:48:27 am »
Hey John, better an APB than a AFB! :-D Anyway that should be cobbers, they're not just mates.

Yeah Mardak, its getting a little colder here too. I did open up the Italians last weekend. Not quite filled up the super. The north side of two of the frames were uncapped. The 2 north most frames, too. I wonder if that means something? I noticed today they're still foraging nicely. Nectar and pollen both. There must be several plants still in flower around, because I saw atlest 3 different coloured pollen comming in. I'll let them keep their stores till spring.

Heard about the conference. It would be nice if I had the time.

Phil

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 07:49:55 pm »
I was at Bee Club down Geelong a week or so ago and the older beeks were still tossing up when to close down their hives for winter. some said now some said later as there were flows some said making sure there is enough honey for over winter was more importatnt than robbing. I am still feeding syrup as a precaution as the hives were not strong to start with. I am in an area that at present has only small flowering plants so the quantity of whatever the girls get is going to be limited. Melbourne is a lot warmer so you won't have the issues of cold I deal with.

Offline westmar

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 09:43:40 pm »
hi
   every one yea i been in the shadowes for awhile my leukaemia ,given me curry.back to brissy this week.i did manage to breed a few queens in between hospital st ayes.the cook is feeding them sugar water at the moment.till i get over to my yard at koogan bring some honey frames home.cook told me there allot bee gear on eBay from around Melbourne.ma by worth a peak.cheers for now ken

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 12:47:43 am »
Well Westmar, you better get well soon or your bees will be missing you! Good luck Mate.

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 07:27:36 pm »
Hey Phil,

I've been wondering where everybody is too... i figured things were winding down a little...

Hope everybody is well and i look forward to when the Downunder picks up a little as it's an invaluable source of info... thanks guys

Offline westmar

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 03:52:10 am »
hi
   phil got my battrey recharged .yea got go across take my excess honey supers off ,i was on a good flow with malley box ,hop to get there next week .most hives three deep,heard on the ABC radio that there been allot bee hives getting stolen.every one out there be alert have your gear branded.

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 10:04:51 am »
hi
   phil got my battrey recharged .yea got go across take my excess honey supers off ,i was on a good flow with malley box ,hop to get there next week .most hives three deep,heard on the ABC radio that there been allot bee hives getting stolen.every one out there be alert have your gear branded.

Sorta like this?

BBC Report

Nice price for a swarm. Slicko would be rolling in it.