Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to Remove all the Bees???  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
How to Remove all the Bees???
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:21:54 am »
What do you do when a customer wants all the bees gone today.

Like the removal in Greenville that lady wanted all the bees gone that day and was willing to pay what ever it took. I had no clue how to get that done normally I tell customers that I will get most of the bees and in a few days the rest will move on, but I understand the want to have them just gone and know that is what they will really pay to have done.

What tricks do yall have for this task. I mean I spent 7 hours at the last removal started at 2pm ended at 9pm with me chasing bees around the light bulb in the room.

Now the second question would anyone be interested in seeing my bee vac its off the brushkill concept, but I had only seen the brushkill one once months before when I decide to build mine. I think the coolest part of mine is the motor its cheap a house vac motor made by dirt devil. I use more wood to build mine but I like it better in some aspects.

Next question has anyone used this stuff
http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/Natural-Honey-Harvester/productinfo/474/
Is it as good as bee quick?

Offline Grieth

• House Bee
Re: How to Remove all the Bees???
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 11:29:35 am »
Common, you have to post the pics of your beevac after telling us all that!
"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things:
Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kingsā€
Lewis Carroll

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 11:33:58 am »
Would like to see pics of your bee vac.

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:40:21 am »
What do you do when a customer wants all the bees gone today.

Lower their expectations.  :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:53:11 am »
Mike, always stay in the driver's seat and never let your customers dictate your profession. One of my competitors only does bee removal at night, been doing it that way for many years. They say they do it at night because all the bees are there and they will get all the bees. This is of course is 100% nonsense! I've spoken with a handful of people who used them over the years and questioned those customers about bees that were left behind.

Every customer of theirs I spoke with had some bees for at least a week after the removal.

I never under any circumstance tell a customer they won't have any the following few days to even a week. Heck, some bees from just about any hive domestic or feral don't make it back in on a regular basis. They work themselves to near exhaustion and some just rest outside on a branch, side of the hive etc... if they survive the night they go back in the next day if they have the energy.

The product in question is more expensive than bee quick so I don't see the point.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:29:44 pm »
JP where are you getting your bee quick the bottles I am looking at are 15 to 13 for bee quick.

And the vac request I will make a video of as soon as I get it off the hive. I need to make me a couple extra vacs.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 03:49:26 pm »
Dadant has it for $69.95 per gallon.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything