Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from NW PA  (Read 2095 times)

Offline mdaniels

• New Bee
Hello from NW PA
« on: October 02, 2009, 06:29:51 am »
Hello from NW PA--brand new, hope to have bees in the spring!

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: Hello from NW PA
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 08:27:58 am »
Hello and Welcome!

You'll learn a lot about bees & beekeeping here. Be sure to check out the tutorials on the main Beemaster page - that's where I started a half-dozen years ago.

I find the 'search' function quite useful - very often I can find an immediate answer to my questions in a previous thread.

I recommend getting involved in a local beekeeping club. Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected with the local beekeeping community. Much of beekeeping is location-specific, so local beeks can help with the beekeeping practices that work best in your area, as well as directing you to local suppliers of bees & equipment. Plus, clubs often offer beginning beekeeping classes. Check and see if one is near you:
http://www.pastatebeekeepers.org/Reports/Map/2007%20Contacts%20and%20Inspectors.html

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 11:07:27 am »
MDaniels.  Welcome to our forum, so wonderful that you have found us.  You anticipate bees in the spring, beauty.  Take this winter to study all that you can, use our forum here, there is mountains of information.  We love new members and always try to help the best we can.  Ask your questions, you will have many, many, and many more.  We will be your learning guide.  Never consider a question irrelevant or dumb, all questions are important and mostly to remember, we were all once a beginning beekeeper.  This will be a place where you can also tell your stories, tales and experiences, we love to listen, and offer advice, when asked.  Stick around.  Have that most wonderful and awesome day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mdaniels

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 09:25:46 pm »
Thanks very much--have purchased an 8 frame hive to start and I thought I would read and read and read and build my equipment over the winter.  I was fortunate enough to hit a local gathering of beekeepers recently at a Honey fest for kids at our local nature center.  Joined the local club, got some great information, and found out there is an individual within a few miles who mentors. 

Looking forward to learning--thank you for the welcome!

Offline JWPick

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 07:07:32 am »
Welcome to the Forum Mdaniels! I'm new myself. My wife and I will be puchasing equipment at the end of October at a meeting and ordering bees for Spring. We have learned so much from all of the wonderful and knowledgeable people on this Forum. Have fun!

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 08:27:00 pm »
Hello and Welcome Mdaniels 
  There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 09:30:08 pm »
Hello and Welcome mdaniels.
Bobby

anything