Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Lickskillet albama  (Read 2364 times)

Offline allenrs

• New Bee
  • anglish spoken here.
Hello from Lickskillet albama
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:41:50 am »
my name is allen and I have'nt got a hive yet but I plan to start in spring of 2011.I found the forum through on of the
other beekeeping sites but I can't remember which one.I've  read everything about bee's and beekeeping for months and I think I'm ready to start.I can hardly wait to start.I am on the forum almost everyday.I need to find beekeepers in my area to get to know.wish me luck.
Everybody on this earth has got a place,cept them folks that ain't got no place,and they just tend to wander around on other folkes place.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Lickskillet albama
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 11:56:04 am »
Allen,welcome to our forum, great you found us.  Your anticipation of getting honeybees is nothing to how you will feel when you delve deeply into their secret little world, soon you will also know how they have the power to hold us deeply beneath their spell.  Good that you are studying and learning about them as you are.  Our forum will be a great source of knowledge gain, a place where you will meet new friends, a place to lean on others for the mountains of questions that you will want to ask, and ask, all questions are wonderful and good.  That is how we learn and we love to help.  Stick around, we love new members.  Have that most awesome of days, with that same health, love and peace, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 04:02:36 pm »
Welcome from another Alabama native. I know exactly where Lickskillet is and your in a fine area, I was born and raised west of B'ham in Rock Creek and spent many years living in Toadvine. One of these days I'll be moving back.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 08:58:05 pm »
Lickskillet.   In Madison county or Dekalb county? 

Offline allenrs

• New Bee
  • anglish spoken here.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 05:57:33 am »
It's in Madison Co. :-D
Everybody on this earth has got a place,cept them folks that ain't got no place,and they just tend to wander around on other folkes place.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:04:57 am »
Hello and Welcome!

I need to find beekeepers in my area...
A local beekeeping club is a great resource. Clubs are good places to find mentors and get connected to nearby beekeepers. Looks like there's one near you:
http://www.k4vb.com/REg%20bkpeg%20assoc%2012%2006.htm

Offline allenrs

• New Bee
  • anglish spoken here.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 08:54:56 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome. I plan to bee around for a long time to come.

Offline greenbtree

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 12:50:50 pm »
Lickskillet, Toadvine, I love the names....  Here in Iowa we have exciting names like Central City.  The only interesting one I know of so far is Whatcheer.

Welcome to the forum.  Don't know how you are planning to get your bees, but if you are going for a package, don't wait past January, they tend to sell out in advance by quite a bit.  If you are getting a local nuc, still a good idea if you can line some up early.

Good luck, and remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question!  Run things past people here on the forum, we are happy to help and you can avoid some of the pitfalls.  I know it seems that I have managed to make about every stupid mistake possible at times.  And I did lots of reading beforehand.

JC
"Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken, or life about to end.  No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend, like the Mary Ellen Carter rise again!"