Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Queenless Advice please  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Bighead

• New Bee
Queenless Advice please
« on: May 04, 2010, 09:19:13 pm »
Last Saturday checked on the hive and could not find the queen or any eggs, but I did find several queen cells. The Saturday before I did see the queen so this problem is less than 10 days old. Any advice on how I should deal with this or  should I allow the colony fix this themselves.   Thanks
"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
-- Thomas Paine

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Queenless Advice please
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 10:04:49 pm »
If the hive swarmed you could have a virgin queen walking around or you will soon have a newly hatched queen. It is being fixed.Were the queen cells there when you last saw the queen?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Queenless Advice please
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 11:33:00 pm »
Leave them as they are and they will work it out. Remove queen cells and the hive will go queenless and die. The bees know what they need.

Above is correct probably 90% of the time. There is never a guarantee when it comes to what the bees need.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything