Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Quads and the mud  (Read 3137 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Quads and the mud
« on: March 17, 2008, 11:43:49 am »
About two weeks ago the kids were out on the quads on the back of our property, making the quad trails more muddy.  I was standing on the chicken's hill taking pictures, the hill is quite high and is a perfect place to stand to look out over everything.  No wonder the chickens and ducks love to go up there, the perfect lookout.

We have a yellow quad 400, made by Bombardier and my Husband and Son-in-Law went halfers on another one, an 800 (yellow, they look like twin quads out there except for the horsepower).  My Son-in-Law works for a Bombardier dealer as the head mechanic and got the deal of a lifetime on this new 800.  It is a year old and we got it for half price because it had to have a lot of work done on the engine.  The previous owner beat the crap out of it.  But he worked on it, fixed it up and it cost next to nothing for the repairs.  Now we have two yellow quads screamin' around the back 3 acres.  This is the perfect time to set the trails because of the softness of the ground.  It makes wonderful walking trails for the summertime.

The kids have a blast on the property, riding to their hearts' content, I only wish that we had even more room, that would make it even better.  Even my youngest Grandson, whom is 8 years old rides, he can't reach the foot breaks, but he has a good handle on the hand breaks, I see him getting even more daring every time he rides.  What a blast!!!  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, lovin' this life we share.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
Re: Quads and the mud
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:06:04 pm »
man, i had that fun too until the wheeler broke some how. Man, now i'm bummed.
looked like fun though.
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:17:54 pm »
Looks like fun!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:42:46 am »
Man, Cindi, that does look like fun, and those quads are huge. All day on one of those and I'm ready for roasted Whoppo! Please don't forget the dessert, remember its coffee haagan davs.  :-*

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 09:33:20 am »
Josh, get your Dad to fix the wheeler, hee, hee, put that little bug in his bum!!!  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, wishing you had your wheeler runnin'!!!!  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 06:58:13 pm »
DAD FIX MY WHEELER!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 10:04:35 pm »
 :shock: :shock:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 12:47:44 am »
Josh, oh you make me wanna laugh!!!!  You sure got your Dad going!!!  Did you see the shocked eyeballs and mouth in his post back to you, now that just made my day!!!  Tell your Dad to get going and fix your wheeler, hee, hee, (oops, am I getting your Dad in trouble?  hee, hee).  Maybe with our little bit of convincing to get him to get it fixed so you can have some fun, fun, fun.  Summertime is coming and boy, oh, boy, you need that quad really badly!!!  Be really nice to him, maybe wash his car/truck, or do something nice, maybe some breakfast in bed one weekend.  Come on Josh, you young dudes know what to do to make your Parents happy, come on.....just do it.  Have a great and wonderful day, (push your Dad just a little bit harder!!!!).  Cindi