Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Aha, some time at last, my Harley and me  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Aha, some time at last, my Harley and me
« on: October 05, 2008, 02:08:32 pm »
My Husband and I are up at my Daughter's house for the weekend.  Many of you will recall me speaking of my retreat, to my darling oldest gal's house, the place where I do nothing, she feeds me, gives me drinks, I relax, I watch her ride her horses, I do a little fiddling around outside with her, help her do a a little bit of dishes, but mostly sit in her big armchair, relaxing.....hee, hee.  Oh how nice, this thing I rarely do, that be relax....when we go home on Monday, the fall work begins at my house.  It it the time to begin the cut down of many perennials, dig stuff back into the ground, frost kill will her here in about 25 days, and I like to have many things dug back in....many stay up til after frost kill.

Oh dear, I am ramblin'... What I mostly wanted to do was say that I have had time to a lot of picture arranging on my laptop.  And now have some time to bring on some pictures for my forum friends.

These two pictures were taken in July, going on a ride with my Husband.  It is summertime, but I always wore my leathers to keep me warm and protected from any roadrash that may occur, hee, hee.  My hands are particularly important.  Enjoy the picture, and have that most wonderful and awesome day.  Cindi

This bike is an 08 Harley Sportster Nightster 1200 cc.  It weighs about 540 pounds, I am a short person, 5'2" and it fits me perfectly, I can sit with my feet fully flat on the ground (and I know someone else who sat on this bike, Brendhan, you know who she is and you know what I mean, and would surely love something like this too, hee, hee). 

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Aha, some time at last, my Harley and me
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 04:57:13 pm »
You look cool Cindi! And you have great taste also, my valkyrie was orange and black as well!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline GaryMinckler

• House Bee
    • Honeybees and Beekeeping
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 05:22:57 am »
That HD Nightster is the hottest scooter on the road right now.  I love that bike!!! 

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 01:09:38 pm »
Looks like something maybe I could handle, although is there a place for the umbrella??

You know Cindi I always wanted to ride a bike, but never did it and now I feel that perhaps my reflexes are not as sharp so I don't even think about it.  (well I do think about it)

Have lots of fun and adventures.

Love
Annette

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 02:39:42 pm »
Looks like something maybe I could handle, although is there a place for the umbrella??
You know Cindi I always wanted to ride a bike, but never did it and now I feel that perhaps my reflexes are not as sharp so I don't even think about it.  (well I do think about it)

Have lots of fun and adventures.

Love
Annette

Would need to add saddlebags Annette.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 05:54:58 pm »
Oops for a minute there I thought you were talking about my own saddlebags!!

OK I am going out right now to purchase one - not!!