Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: URGENT - important petition to sign re pesticides  (Read 4913 times)

Offline tjc1

• Field Bee
Re: URGENT - important petition to sign re pesticides
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 11:05:08 pm »

BUT that's ok with the tree hugging nut balls because, after all, man is a blight on the earth!

it's a special kind of arrogance that belongs to the leftists.

Ah, I see. So, what do you call your special kind of arrogance? I notice that no one has responded to any of your posts in this thread with name-calling. I am so tired of this kind of talk from people at both ends of the spectrum - why can't people have a respectful discussion without resorting to this kind of stuff? (Rhetorical question at this point in our history, I guess - sadly).

Regarding the article you posted and your scorn for Wikipedia, please see the following from Sourcewatch.org:

The American Council on Science and Health (ACSH) describes itself as "a consumer education consortium concerned with issues related to food, nutrition, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, lifestyle, the environment and health." At one time the web site stated, "ACSH is an independent, nonprofit, tax-exempt organization. The nucleus of ACSH is a board of 350 physicians, scientists and policy advisors - experts in a wide variety of fields - who review the Council's reports and participate in ACSH seminars, press conferences, media communications and other educational activities." Currently that statement is changed to read, "ACSH is a national, non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) consumer health education and advocacy organization based in New York City." Note that the word "independent" no longer appears in the description.[1]

To its credit, it has taken a strong public position against the dangers of tobacco, one of the leading preventable causes of death in today's society. However, it takes a generally apologetic stance regarding virtually every other health and environmental hazard produced by modern industry, accepting corporate funding from Coca-Cola, Kellogg, General Mills, Pepsico, and the American Beverage Association, among others.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 11:12:48 pm »
the tea party has it's own brand of ignorance too.  unfortunately we live in a country full of people that want to pick a team instead of look at the issues.
as much as i don't like obama's policies i wouldn't like palin's either and i wanted mccain in office instead of g w bush back in 2000. palin would have book burnings and witch trials if she were in a positions of power.
if you read my posts you'll know that i'm not convinced that neonicotinoids and the big bad corporations that want to make profits (i don't know anybody that wants to get up and go to work for less money tomorrow) are root of all things wrong with bees.  that being said, i'm not going to deny that global warming exists or that ddt has killed a lot of animals besides mosquitos.  

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 11:16:21 pm »
I guess you all could have just decided to sign it or ignore it. I didn;t think we were lookinf for a blowout in General forum.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 11:30:24 pm »
I guess you all could have just decided to sign it or ignore it. I didn;t think we were lookinf for a blowout in General forum.

ok.  not signing  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 11:30:49 pm »

sorry, didn't mean to get on a soap box.  

Offline ozebee

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 11:34:44 pm »
I apologize if I have offended anyone by posting the article and the link for your consideration. I see it has stimulated some strong discussions (perhaps some a little too strong) and I am sure that we can all make a decision one way or another according to our own knowledge and conscience. I just wanted to make you all aware of what is out there in the public space which concerns what we are all interested in - BEES!

Best wishes to all...

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 01:36:47 am »
I apologize if I have offended anyone by posting the article and the link for your consideration

don't think you did.  life would be boring if we all agreed on everything!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline fshrgy99

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 06:44:25 am »
I apologize if I have offended anyone by posting the article and the link for your consideration. I see it has stimulated some strong discussions (perhaps some a little too strong) and I am sure that we can all make a decision one way or another according to our own knowledge and conscience. I just wanted to make you all aware of what is out there in the public space which concerns what we are all interested in - BEES!

Best wishes to all...

Thanks for posting about an important issue oz. There are lots of members on this forum that feel that neonics and GMO's are ruining the planet. It's unfortunate that some feel it necessary to lobby for their personal positions with the use of ridicule and derision.