Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: frames  (Read 3199 times)

Offline tina

• House Bee
frames
« on: April 29, 2011, 10:05:33 pm »
i have just bought frames with grooves in the top and bottom but the wax sheets are too short to fit in both the top and bottom is that normal?   

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
Re: frames
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:57:50 pm »
Do the end bars have holes in them for wires? if not you have frames for plastic foundation - it is normal for your wax foundation not to touch the very bottom of the bar.

Offline tina

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 12:03:09 am »
thanks  yes the end bars have holes for the wires   i was worried i'd ordered wrong size foundation    do you put eyelets in end bars for wire?  or do you find its ok without eyelets

Offline wd

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 12:17:46 am »

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 10:46:40 pm »
thanks  yes the end bars have holes for the wires   i was worried i'd ordered wrong size foundation    do you put eyelets in end bars for wire?  or do you find its ok without eyelets

Awesome, just run the wires, embed the foundation and you're ready to roll... i personally dont use eyelets - some swear by them - but they're just another thing to do if you use them. I find on occassion (rarely) when i tension the wire it might cut through the hole but that hasn't happened that often and, in my opinion, so long as the wires tight and it's embedded properly you wont have any issues - eventually the bees will draw it out and attach the foundation on the sides anyway which will be stronger than any embedding attachment that we can do

Offline tina

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 11:13:59 pm »
thanks for the help and the pictures