Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Horrorcane 2012 Sandy  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Maryland Beekeeper

• House Bee
  • Nature does nothing uselessly. Aristotle
Horrorcane 2012 Sandy
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:35:16 pm »
And so it begins..............

Nothing too bad yet. Max gust @ apiary 43mph. Lot of rain in bands no gauge but gotta be 2-3" so far. Not a single B fly'in, usually there will be a few @ feeders even in the rain, they know its coming. Got them fortified as best I can and fingers crossed. Got tarps, wood, lights, ready for emergency repair. Looking to me like she's going to go CAT 2 before landfall. Expecting worst of it to hit me around 9pm and last through the night. Gonna be a long one. Did this in Key West once and it was not fun. @ least no worries about drowning this time.  :)Good Luck all.

Cheers,
Drew

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Horrorcane 2012 Sandy
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 07:52:27 pm »
I'm praying for all of you in the path! There are benefits from hurricanes though.

Pump House, Hurricane Sandy by Dasher

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 08:16:20 pm »
Scott,
I've had plenty of water in my front yard,but not quite that much. :)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:22:36 pm »
Crazy waves.   

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 01:00:43 pm »
Crazy waves.   
You did mean surfers.  :-D
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Maryland Beekeeper

• House Bee
  • Nature does nothing uselessly. Aristotle
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 05:14:46 pm »
Turned out to be a lot of fuss for nothing, @ least in my immediate area. Biggest limb down for me was 3". Missed my car by "'s. Few friends around still dark though. Actually not a bad day out, chilly but I've started my storm cleanup, it is a mess.
Drew

anything