Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Is there anybody out there? Let us hear your voice.  (Read 11566 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Is there anybody out there? Let us hear your voice.
« on: November 06, 2007, 02:04:44 am »
I was checking the members list and noticed that many of our members have not posted, not even once. Lets hear from you guys that haven't posted. Just say hello, it can't hurt, can it? Hello, is there anybody out there?
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Is there anybody out there? Let us hear your voice.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:55:50 am »
JP, that is kind of weird eh?  Maybe these members thought that they might get a chance to post or thought that they had to be a member to read the posts on the forum.  Maybe they are the ones that just like to read, and not participate. It will be interesting if we see any new forum members beginning to post now, that would be cool eh?  Have a wonderful and great day on this great earth.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 10:10:01 am »
Yeah Cindi, it would be cool to hear from some who haven't posted before. I'm sure we have some other doolittles out there raising chickens with ugly feet and such. :-D Have a great day, ps, perhaps you could put stockings on their legs to hide their scaliness. :-D :-P
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 10:35:00 am »
JP, heee, hee, ooh you make me wanna laugh!!!!  You brought that smile to my face, yeah!!!!  Have a wonderful and beautiful day in this greatest of lives.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Zoot

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 12:12:11 pm »
My brother did a study with a research firm in the UK a few years ago that claimed that the average participatory phase in most internet forums lasts about 2 to 4 weeks. Many of these people remain as "members" but the visible activity continues with a smaller member core. Speaking for myself, it takes a huge effort; I really don't like computers and being inside, sitting down, etc in general. Much prefer to be out with the horses, bees, coaching soccer, building something. But I have supplimented my knowledge here so I try to make the time when I can. I have turned a lot of people onto this forum who have never posted though I know they do look in often.

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 12:40:26 pm »
Zoot.  I feel the same way you do.  I make my living working with computers.  gee that was a mistake.  I started out as an aircraft mechanic.  I should have stayed working with my hands. 

Now I sit in an office somewhere not even able to watch life pass me by.  So on the weekends and afterwork you are hard up to find me on the net....
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline EOHenry

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 02:49:08 pm »
I have recently been diagnosed with bladder cancer, so I will be inside alot more often and online alot more.  I will make an effort to contribute instead of absorbing from this great forum.  Fortunately I have my girls just about ready for a long Michigan winter.  I have a couple still taking sugar water. First snow flurries today.

bee safe!
I bee a firefighter.

Offline EOC

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 02:52:30 pm »
I got my first flurries of snow today as well. It was calm this morning then the wind picked up by leaps and bounds here the snow is!

Love how that works. 70 one day and 32 the next.

I gotta go get my winter clothes out now.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 09:31:58 pm »
We have cool weather tonite, the front came through all day, getting colder, but we are way down south so snow flurries, not if we get real lucky. Now its definitely a possibility at our property in Ms. I love the cold weather! Wish we had more of it, seems we did, I know we had more yrs ago, oh well, global warming and all. :)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 09:51:04 pm »
I have recently been diagnosed with bladder cancer, so I will be inside alot more often and online alot more.  I will make an effort to contribute instead of absorbing from this great forum.  Fortunately I have my girls just about ready for a long Michigan winter.  I have a couple still taking sugar water. First snow flurries today.

bee safe!

It will be good for your soul and health to stay here with us and help beekeepers who need the help. As a 2nd year beekeeper, I can truly say that every response I receive is like a god send to me. If you have some good knowledge, it is good to share. I feel for you with this diagnosis, but keep your spirits up and remain positive. Stay close to us and post frequently.

Annette

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 05:07:00 am »
I am not here. I do not exist. I have never posted. I am a figment of your imagination.  :-D

Actually I think it would be neat if some of the lurkers posted.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 06:27:11 am »
I am not here. I do not exist. I have never posted. I am a figment of your imagination.  :-D

Actually I think it would be neat if some of the lurkers posted.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
Yeah, was hoping that some of the figments would imagine so that we could simply say hello.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 08:01:31 am »
Figment- an't that kinda small, well I take up a heap o space; 6-1, 400# and not too smart, but to cure them scally chicken feet dip them in oil. Shucks youall done lost the fella I love to read his post---Finsky; now that fella got it on the ball, corse I am too lazy to do all he does.
youall take care, done shore got me a coupla new ideas gona try , esp. some of the stuff M. Bush has come out with, though not sold on small cell. no comercial in this area for30 yrs. and when the mites finally hit everything dissapeared no such thing as a honey bee till about 5yrs. and now the ferrels are coming back strong--survival of the fitist, natures way- throw the scrubs out
to bee or not to bee

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 10:06:45 am »
I don't think we lost Finsky. I looked in the lost and found and didn't see him in there.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 10:35:01 am »
JP, so glad you found him at least  :-D ;) :)

bud1.  So, dipping the feet in oil, hmmm??? Define what type of oil, I would imagine cooking?  Before I would go to effort of dipping, my Sister and I have to check and see if the scaley feet chickens are laying or not.  That means picking them up.....eeeks!!!!  Just kidding.  The amount of work that we have done in the past couple of days with the chickens and yard, etc., just picking up a couple and tagging them (for, guess what?) if they aren't laying would be nuthin' at all.   Hee, heee......have a wonderful and beautiful day in this great life.  Cindi

Offline patrickp

• New Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 10:39:50 am »
Well, since you asked I suppose I'll introduce myself.   I'm in central KY, have 2 hives and this is my second year w/ bees.  this year I harvested about 10 gal of honey.  I was thrilled with all of that, and had no trouble at all selling it : )  I'm hoping to expand next year to at least 4 hives. 

Other stuff I'm into is farming and bluegrass music.  I play some banjo on the side.  I'm getting a teaching degree right now, so I'll be a high school math teacher come next fall. 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 10:44:21 am »
Patrick, see what this post did?  Cool....now we have another new member posting, that brings that smile to my face.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day.  Cindi

Offline Zoot

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 11:55:34 am »
BMAC
You realize of course that there is a downside to working with your hands - relatively low pay. Currently I make my living as a woodcarver/artist but my life would be far, far more difficult if I didn't have a person in my life who makes a good wage.

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 12:16:26 pm »
Zoot,  I am familiar with the downside of manual labor.  It is the only reason that keeps me coming back to this office.  Although I know some union folks that make the same as I do. 

I will not work this job too terribly long, just long enough to bank on a retirement.  Hopefully that is only 10 years away....

God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline CBEE

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 01:24:23 pm »
BMAC.. you a hangar or line mech ?
You know there is something to be said for climate control :-D

Patrik, Where you live in central KY? I am in northern KY. I've been picin all my life, mostly fiddle and mandolin. One of them things that runs in the family

anything