Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hive Moving Equipment.  (Read 20062 times)

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
Re: Hive Moving Equipment.
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 02:52:01 pm »
Sorry folks, I have had a run of bad luck.  Yesterday I loaded up my truck and head for the yard with intent of setting up cam and actually giving a little demo of me pulling up, opening fence, backing in, and making you all jealous, lol!  However, my truck starting acting like it was running out of gas when tank was half full.  Thankfully I bought the truck from my cousin who fixed the problem once already, changed all fuel filters, pumps, and finally figured out it was the thing that switches gas supply from one tank to the other.  He had pulled it apart and cleaned and that fixed the problem.  His brother in law, my cousin in law was able to bypass the stupid thing for now and got me back on the road last night.  So today I was going to do it after I got out of doc's office till I realized I forgot my wallet and did not have enough gas to make it to bee yard then back home.  When it rains it pours, good or bad luck it seems, lol.  God willing, I will take the video tomorrow, and publish it tomorrow night when I get home from work.

The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 11:24:08 pm »
Sorry folks, I have had a run of bad luck.  Yesterday I loaded up my truck and head for the yard with intent of setting up cam and actually giving a little demo of me pulling up, opening fence, backing in, and making you all jealous, lol!  However, my truck starting acting like it was running out of gas when tank was half full.  Thankfully I bought the truck from my cousin who fixed the problem once already, changed all fuel filters, pumps, and finally figured out it was the thing that switches gas supply from one tank to the other.  He had pulled it apart and cleaned and that fixed the problem.  His brother in law, my cousin in law was able to bypass the stupid thing for now and got me back on the road last night.  So today I was going to do it after I got out of doc's office till I realized I forgot my wallet and did not have enough gas to make it to bee yard then back home.  When it rains it pours, good or bad luck it seems, lol.  God willing, I will take the video tomorrow, and publish it tomorrow night when I get home from work.

Sounds like the 1990 Ford van I had years ago. On a family trip to Key West, years ago, I switched serving tanks and a few seconds later it died in the middle of no where. I started trying everything i could think of and when I switched it back to the empty tank, it started up again. I switched it back and it started failing again. Ford replaced the fuel pump in the main tank 3 times, 3 different dealerships, before they found a defective connector underneath the driver door. If yours is a defective connector, make sure you add a little grease on the contacts to keep out the corrosion.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 02:45:34 am »
Yup its right under the door.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline 11nick

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 05:38:33 pm »
jack it up.  take the wheels off.  throw the ford away and bolt the wheels on a chevrolet.  then you'll have a better ride.

just kidding.

Offline Bee-Bop

• Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 10:27:19 pm »
If you get bumped in the rear end, or back into some one, don't forget the gas shutoff in the trunk or under the right side kick panel !
" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 04:43:06 pm »
I got the video on my cam Friday afternoon right before I headed in to work.  Im up north for the weekend but I should have vid up by Monday.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 05:35:59 am »
Well I have to apologize for not getting the video uploaded.  I have moved to a new house and for the life of me I cant find the cable to hook my cam up to my pc.  I also cant get my speakers to work grrrrrr!  I should be able to resolve my issues this weekend hopefully.  If I cant find the cable I hope Best Buy carries it.  Ill post asap when I get it uploaded.

Sorry.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 03:46:21 am »
Finally!!!!!!!  Here it is.  Sorry about the long wait while I go get my truck.  As you can see there is plenty of room for another row facing the other direction.  I figure I will be able to winter bees on trailers here as well that I bring else where.  This is a primo spring location.

http://youtu.be/64EFuIYkEUQ

Thomas Jefferson