Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A thank you  (Read 2923 times)

Offline patook

• House Bee
    • Brother Bee Apiary
A thank you
« on: May 09, 2009, 01:34:13 am »
I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone who has answered one of my many questions on this forum. I know I am asking a lot of questions, but you all have been fantastic about giving great advice. I have learned a lot of about beekeeping in a short amount of time due to the great people on this forum.

So thank you all and I am sure the volume of questions will taper off as I get more experience.

Bob

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: a thank you
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:03:46 am »
We have all been new and in many ways still are. Ask away,what would a forum be without discussion?   :)

Offline MacfromNS

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 08:38:59 am »
Bob remember your not just asking for yourself, we all get the answer.
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling.
And even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason behind it!!!
Mac

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 11:04:32 am »
you'll still be asking questions after years of doing this.  something new will always come up!   :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 01:14:05 pm »
Yep, this is my third year of beekeeping and I am still asking quesions and receiving help. It never ends.

Offline patook

• House Bee
    • Brother Bee Apiary
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 03:20:53 pm »
Well, I really do appreciate you all for being so helpful.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 09:01:16 pm »
Annette hit it on the head with her statement about being new...I guess I started the same years as Annette( 3 springs ago) and I definitely consider myself new at this...Theres stuff here that I dont know or am not interested in ) Like small cell stuf, and queen rearing for instance)..But, some things just come up, and I HAVE TO learn really quick about what to do!..I feel kinda silly sometimes as Ive seen posts about what I need to do but I didnt pay attention..Then, here I am, asking something Ive heard a dozen times alreddy, but NOW is the time I need to know!..So, I ask!...And, somebody answers, even tho its been answered a hunnerd times! :-D

your friend,
john

Offline jeremy_c

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 09:57:45 pm »
Indeed.

I'm new this year (2 hives about 3 weeks ago, 2 more today). I've read two bee keeping books (Bee Keeping for Dummies and A.I. Root's The New Starting Right with Bees). I have had all kinds of questions that have not been directly answered by these books. Many have been answered by other peoples questions here found using the search form and many, many others answered by my own posts.

Thanks everyone, this forum really has made my start in bee keeping much more enjoyable (and hopefully more successfull, but we still have some time to determine that :-D)

Jeremy
Bee section of my blog: http://jeremy.lifewithchrist.org/category/bee-keeping.html ... has stories, pictures and videos of a new beekeeper.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 11:47:31 pm »
Thats how I feel John.  I don't like to clutter up my mind with stuff I don't need to know. but when I need to know it, well then I ask.  And the responses have been great.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 01:43:34 am »
Patook:

Everything in life has one phrase that applies:

"The MORE I KNOW, the MORE I know I DON'T know!" As you improve in beekeeping, questions will come up that you NEVER would have thought of prior. Education, especially hands-on really kicks the brain into the Brain-storming mode and questions fly - you'll know when you have reached a comfort level in beekeeping when you have more questions that you ever thought you would or could conceive.

I highly doubt that your post count will level off as you continue with our fascinating hobby, it surely will be a catalyst to expanding your thought process and although CLOSE and LONG OBSERVATION and DEDUCTION leads to great understanding, expect things to "Click" and your fingers do the typing just to see if what you observe is something normal or troublesome or just rare - but 36 years of beekeeping here has provoked more questions than I ever would have imagined. Best of beekeeping and continued learning - these girls will blow your mind, if you only let them!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline patook

• House Bee
    • Brother Bee Apiary
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 02:52:03 am »
I have no doubt my friend that my post count will climb and there will always be questions. I do hope however to have a better ratio of questions I help answer to questions I ask.

I am very glad I found this forum. I even have a swarm to show for it. :-D

Offline TwoBigCats

• New Bee
    • TwoBigCats
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 09:16:46 pm »
Patook:

Everything in life has one phrase that applies:

"The MORE I KNOW, the MORE I know I DON'T know!"
so true.

saw the plug to donate - hadn't really thought about it before - so made a donation on the spot.

thx for the great site and thx to everyone for their active and very helpful participation.
hal
btw, i saw the entry about a new blog being established. our family blog is not specific to bees, but if / when you visit, simply search "bees" and you should find > a handful of posts + lots of pics.

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 09:35:26 pm »
While the networking and speaking sessions from our beekeeping meetings has been very valuable, this forum has been the best educational experience as we figure out what to do next in any given situation.  The body of knowledge must be in the thousands of years collectively.  I know if I have a pressing question I can post it and generally get a response in a half hour or less.  That's the beauty of a highly visited forum, especially one with some real authorities on the subject.  I second the thank you to all...

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 10:55:33 am »
This forum has been invaluable to us all and John has been great about making this resource available to us while not selling out to advertisers.

Which is why its a great idea to donate to the upkeep up the forum.
He never solicits money and only has the donate button at the bottom of his signature line so maybe not everyone notices it unless he posts.

I think a donation is a small price to pay for the education I have gotten here, I couldn't have learned all this in the books.

Its much easier to have someone explain things as you have to face them and everyone here has been so good about helping everyone else.

Thanks to John and everyone else who has contributed to the success of this forum.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 12:01:33 pm »
Very Kind Everyone:

So much thanks goes to Robo for making this wonderful software work so well, and we need to secure some backup space for the forum files which is something massive as we grow. So your donations will be used very soon here, having backup is critical as the popularity of SMF Software (the forum program) will be more prone to idiotic virus gurus who live for destroying other people's hard work.

Just as a side note, I noticed we went over 4000 members yesterday, the growth in 2009 has been amazing and we have so many new members, new posts per month, new topics and everything is growing exponentially, so I'm really proud of everything that we see and get to do here. Thanks so much to everyone, seeing such activity and constantly seeing new members joining in and being active with out seasoned members really keeps everything fresh and fun. Thanks again :)

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything