Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees or wasps come everynight.. help  (Read 3017 times)

Offline cookies

• New Bee
Bees or wasps come everynight.. help
« on: July 03, 2010, 04:23:20 am »
I am not sure whether they're bees,wasps, etc but they come everynight around 9.30pm and wonder outside my top corner ceiling.  It doesn't look like there are nests outside the area but might be that they have built a home inside the walls/ceilings there.

do i need to call a pest control company or beekeeper?

If they had to remove the walls outside do they do it themselves and fixed them after? or I'll have to hire a contractor to do that?

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Bees or wasps come everynight.. help
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 05:16:30 am »
If they are bees they are not "coming everynight" they are just home for the night instead of half of them being out working.  They've probably been there a while.  Assuming they are bees, and they may be yellow jackets, usually you pay the beekeeper to come tear into the wall and remove the bees and honey and then have a contractor put it back together.  If you don't then you have all that honey left int he wall to attract pests... ants, etc.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline cookies

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 09:34:47 am »
I think so too.. I've been noticing bees(assuming they are bees) out the backyard since 1 or 2 years ago..
Also, We found little honey bees (like a baseball size) on the corner of our canopy.. I removed those safelly..

If they come tonight, i'll take a picture of them and upload it.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 11:29:11 am »
that would be helpful.  you'll have to get one of the moderators to post the pics for you, but we'd love to see them.  the bees, if they are honeybees, will not do damage to your home.  they may build a lot of comb that needs to be removed at some point.  after you post the pics, someone here will be able to give you info on what to do.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 02:27:41 pm by kathyp »
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline cookies

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 02:15:38 pm »
oh i see.. okay..
I hope the picture turns out well... it's kind of dark by then..
yesterday I took a video of them, and one of them clinged onto my window screen , scared the heck out of me while filming..:)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 03:29:40 pm »
It would help if we knew your location too...one of us might just be close enough to pop by for a look!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907