Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Our new honey house  (Read 5399 times)

Offline mathispollenators

• House Bee
    • Mathis Apiaries
Our new honey house
« on: July 06, 2009, 09:04:14 am »
After being in the bee business over 30 years dad never had a real honey house.  He always used a converted building of some sort to extract in. My background is masonry work so my mason partner, myself and his son built this for Daddy. This building is 100x50 12 ft high with 2 30x25 fumigation super storage rooms.  I have a 6 inch concrete floor with a 1 inch drop to the middle to a drain for washing out the floor.  This building is large enough to drive the lifts in and we now don't have to disassemble the extraction equipment for work space while not ectracting anymore eighter.  Just clean it up and cover it until next time.  There are still a few thing to do on it but basicly it's finished and we are going to start exracting for the first time tonight.  Here is a link to our web page for all to see just got to the honey house page and the slide show is there showing the building in progress.

Mathis Pollenators webpage 
Without Thomas Edison & Alexander Graham Bell we wouldn't have the graveyard shift or Telemarketers.  So how do you like them now?

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: Our new honey house
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 10:37:55 am »
thats nice, big also. congratulation on the new honey house  8-)
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 11:51:08 am »
Hey thats great! I am really happy for you and it was really nice of you to hook up your dad.
Its a really nice looking honey house, very efficient as well.
How long did it take to put the new building up?

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 12:18:15 pm »
It's always exciting to build something regardless of your experience level. Congratulations.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline mathispollenators

• House Bee
    • Mathis Apiaries
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 08:54:28 am »
Thank you we had a good time last night using it for the first time.  There were and are a few bugs to work out but that was expected and nothing major went wrong.  It took us 6 months to build but the actual time spent was probably more like 4 months.  I had bees to tend to also as we worked on it.  The same people that built the honey house are the same ones that work our bees.  That was real nice we didn't have anyone that didn't have a clue about extracting honey.  Thank you for the intrest and commits that means mor to us than you may think.
Without Thomas Edison & Alexander Graham Bell we wouldn't have the graveyard shift or Telemarketers.  So how do you like them now?

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 11:35:00 pm »
I have been following along with this project viewing pics that they have been posting on thier web site
MAN o MAN WHAT A HONEY HOUSE INDEED gives me goosebumbs  ;) a big PAT ON THE BACK for shure to everyone
involved with this -thumbs up   :) RDY-B

Offline bhfury

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 12:52:22 am »
Great job guys!!!!!!!!!

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 03:56:53 am »
wow!
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.