Rottweiler
0 (0%)
bull schitz
0 (0%)
Mutts
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: December 15, 2006, 11:04:46 pm

Author Topic: favorite dog breed  (Read 6033 times)

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
favorite dog breed
« on: November 13, 2006, 09:52:39 pm »
hope I covered most of them.
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
Re: favorite dog breed
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 12:36:29 pm »
Nope you missed my favorite and a favorite of many in my local area the Rottweiler.....  :roll:
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 01:32:49 pm »
Try voting now Roma :)

I went with Golden Retriever, they star in my favorite author ( Dean Koontz ) novels - but somehow I ended up a cat-person, think I'll blame this one one my wife Ladybee  :-D
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 02:50:02 pm »
i have a border collie now and she's great....in truth, the best dogs i have ever owned were mutts.  usually some kind of lab and/or shepard mix.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 06:38:58 pm »
i voted for other...my favorites are mutts.

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 10:23:08 pm »
sorry Romahawk :)

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 10:33:01 pm »
thanks kathy thats my favorite :-D

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 01:34:56 am »
    Chessies.  The Chesapeake Bay Retrievers I've experienced were awesome dogs.  Mine were faithful companions on hunts, camping, hikes, home and protector of all children and baby critters as were my brothers' females.   The best of the breed qualities I like are the older traits (watch the world go by until called or needed). :-D
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 02:17:24 am »
Somebody left off "American Coon Hound" I've spent many a night chasing them through the woods.  Although the best one I ever had was half Collie and would hunt anything we shot at.  Good Bird dog beside a good coon hound.  The other dog from my childhood was also half Collie so I guess I'll have to vote Collie by default.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 10:44:52 am »
from all dog breeds i would pick a cat.
i think that nowadays you just can't have a dog in a way everyone want one. i mean, it's not fair to the dog to be waiting for you at least 8 hours a day, to be limited by a chain or a fence...i don't know, i just think that if you really wanna have a dog-FRIEND you have to breathe with him. it's a shame how dogs became just another "fashion-fly".
i'm not saying that anyone doesn't take proper care of his dog, i'm merely describing the situation in which i would want and would be willing to have a dog, to really be in touch with him

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 10:59:36 am »
Mici:

I have to agree that Cats are a low maintenence pet that really does well without people. As long as ours are fed and have clean litter, they sleep their normal 22 hours a day and play, eat and poo the rest of the time.

I like dogs, but where I live I see too many people chaining them up while they are at work all day - meanwhile the neighbors who live just feet away have to listen to it back endlessly for at least 8 hours.

A lot of the people here DO have the room and ability to give their dogs room to play and don't need to have them restrained. If that is what you have, then dogs are great - but for people like me, the only fair pets are cats.

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 06:31:26 pm »
I myself like my english springer spaniels, my grandpa likes his airdales and my grandma loves her great danes. Those are the 3 we breed and have always had around. :-D
Ryan Horn

anything