Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 5:00 A.M., the rooster calls  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
5:00 A.M., the rooster calls
« on: February 06, 2007, 09:21:33 am »
It is 5:00 A.M.  It is +6 degrees C, +42.7 degrees F.

We are in our typical normal milder weather now.  Outside I stand, it is misty, cool and quiet.  The nice air seems to bring in a quietness that cannot ever be heard when the daylight hours begin.  Quiet.  I listen to our roosters calling, a big white rooster and a little banty.  Two such distinctly different calls.  I hear more rooster calls.  They are coming from other areas nearby.  I cannot see my neighbours, we have lots of bush and trees, but I can hear things.  In these misty mornings sound carries from far away, and if there is a little bit of wind, even farther, it is a time beauty this early morning.  And that is why I think that I love it, long before the sun comes up, I have my quiet time  that is so peaceful, and then my world gets up, and we are all of to adventures of life.

There are probably 5 different roosters calling each early morning when I listen to them, each coming from different directions.  One crows, then others begin their crows, separately, one by one.  It would appear that they have a communication.

Just like the dog that rides down our road in the back of his master's truck.  This has been going on for many years (he must be getting to be an old pooch by now).  This man leaves every day about the same time, his dog barks all the way down our road, giving his greetings to all the dogs down our road.  They all greet back.  Same thing every day.  Rituals and routines, aren't they a wonderful thing?

Best of days.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything