Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2719 times)

Offline Balhanapi

• New Bee
Hi
« on: January 17, 2009, 02:03:24 pm »
Hi everybody,

Relatively new to beekeeping - 2 years, 2 hives in the backyard, trying to go up to 4 this year.

hope to find some guidance here.

Never stop learning.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:14:05 pm »
Welcome Balhanapi  :-D

You will find many backyard hobbyist beekeepers like yourself here.  Our members are more than happy to help out with any questions you may have.  Just be careful,  sometimes you get more answer than you expected and are more confused than before asking your question :-\  Beekeeping can do that too you. 

Feel free to ask away and share your experiences.  I hope you find our family-friendly environment helpful.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 02:31:59 pm »
I agree with Robo. Some, thinking they are helping a new beekeeper or someone just looking for answers, just go on and on detailing every little piece of information and bring in so many angles into the conversation, that many just get confused, ask more questions, thus repeating the process further into the abyss, that the conversation inevitably circles round and round, back to the beginning, from one direction to another, branching off into so many side discussions that one could easily get confused, kind of like those people standing in front of you when your answering questions at some fair booth or market, or those older beekeepers at the local meeting, who upon being awaken from their slumber, look like deer in headlight as the meeting comes to a close, and they ask questions about the very thing they slept through at the next meeting, inevitably causing many of these discussions to start over many , many times, even though they could go to this site and get the same material, only from some person you know little about, but with an entertainment value unequaled by any other place.

And don't get me started on those beekeepers who use run-on sentences.

Anyways...I just wanted to say "welcome"   :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Balhanapi

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 02:44:11 pm »
Hi Bjorn and Robo,
thanks for the warm welcome  :)

Hey Bjorn hope to see you soon  I mean ASAP!  :-D 
Never stop learning.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 03:00:50 pm »
Welcome, Balhanapi, I just got here yesterday, myself.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Balhanapi

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2009, 03:10:01 pm »
Hello Iddee, thanks for the greetings.

good that now I can ask questions to you and Bjorn, I was missing you guys over there.

Hope to have a good time.
Never stop learning.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 09:24:52 pm »
Hello and Welcome Balhanapi
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 10:56:05 pm »
Balhanapi.  Welcome to our forum, and oh, what an interesting name, tell me (I am one of the nosiest ones here), is that your surname, first name, or just something made up.  I would love to know, and pardon my forwardness, but I need to know things, just the way I am.

So nice that you have found us, we are that group that you will come to love, you will have a great place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, give advice, ask advice, we are a mountain of information here, this you will see.  You will have guidance, so much that yep, yep, you head may at times feel like it is swirling around in a circle  :shock: :-D :) :) :).  You will also make some and many new and great friends here too, that is an added bonus, smiling.  Now....have that most wonderful and awesome day, health, love our life,  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Balhanapi

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 08:23:42 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!  :)
Never stop learning.