Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey from Rome  (Read 2068 times)

Offline ccwonka

• House Bee
Hey from Rome
« on: May 11, 2008, 10:40:01 am »
Howdy to all . . . another newbie, this time in Rome, GA.

My nucs will be ready in about two weeks, I've been reading stuff at random on here for about a month or so without actualy logging in (lurking, I beleive?).

Anyhow, thanks for the site and all the great info . . . it's perfect for someone like me who's too much of an introvert to actualy get out there and join a club, but obviously needs the info!!!

CC

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Hey from Rome
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:46:13 am »
Welcome fellow Georgian.

Steve
Fort Valley, GA   
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:55:48 am »
CC.  Welcome to our forum, good that you finally made a post, we love to hear from new members, lurking is the term that I think is a great one, and it is good.

You are probably getting really excited about getting your bees, wait until they come, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.  Keep reading, studying.  Yes, the internet is the most wonderful way to understand, learn, all from the peace and quiet from your home.  Some people just don't like being out in the public stream, I too am one.  I love to be home, I am a home body, I go to our bee meetings and get out, but find I learn so much more just by being on this forum, reading on the internet and such, such wonderful learning tools.

When you get your bees, tell us your experience, we are all  interested in hearing stories and experiences, bring them on.  Have that wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 12:32:11 pm »
Welcome, I'm down here just north of Macon.

doak

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 07:42:29 am »
Anyhow, thanks for the site and all the great info . . . it's perfect for someone like me who's too much of an introvert to actualy get out there and join a club, but obviously needs the info!!!
Hello and Welcome!

I'm an introvert as well, but let me encourage you to join a club anyway. While this is a great forum for learning about bees, there is a lot of "local knowledge" that you can learn as part of a bee club (local suppliers; who to call in a "bee emergency"; who has an extractor you can borrow, etc). There are benefits to knowing nearby beeks, plus, maybe find a mentor or two. One thing I've learned is that if the ONLY thing you have in common with someone is beekeeping, you'll still have more than enough to talk about! In fact, most beekeepers love to talk about bees, so you can just listen and learn a great deal.
http://www.gabeekeeping.com/local_clubs.htm

anything