Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My Two Minute's Of Fame  (Read 14113 times)

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
Re: My Two Minute's Of Fame
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2008, 09:47:31 am »
ROFL!!!!!
 Did I screw that up or WHAT!!!
 How did they get a picture of me selling DVDs???!!!
HAHHH!!...2 pictures at that!!!
 I'm gonna have to hang these up on my wall!!
Heres what you do......Memorize the words and put them with the pictures I will eventually send!!
 I can do this...............
your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2008, 09:48:16 am »
John, well, I liked the story, but this was funnneeee.  What is with the myDVD thingy?  Not to be mean or nothing, this just doesn't sound very nice what I am going to say.  When you make a picture in a post, do a preview of your post first, what I see in your post is a funny little thing of that picture, it made that smile come to my face.......have the most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2008, 10:07:11 am »
Gotta laff huh?
I'm workin on it right now but I got a Drs appt(actually 2 of 'em) so I'll hjave to leave in a minute..I'll try something here :)
Ok...I cant connect to server now..I'll try after awhile!
your friend,
john

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2008, 10:25:38 am »
Wow, JP what a great piece!  You have quite a lot of on screen time!  Very good story too, I didn't know that  LA was CCD free...now we know where all the bees are going when they leave!   ;)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2008, 10:34:25 am »
Wow, JP what a great piece!  You have quite a lot of on screen time!  Very good story too, I didn't know that  LA was CCD free...now we know where all the bees are going when they leave!   ;)

Thanks Sharon, little John's theory is that we have such a diversified gene pool due to our many feral colonies. He thinks this may have a bearing on the CCD issue.

Hey Keith, love the new avatar, now, that's what I'm talkin' about!!  Go tigers!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline MollySuesHoney

• New Bee
    • Molly Sue's Honey
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2008, 11:39:18 am »

Yes, LA is CCD free.  So is Louisiana.  And, no I'm not being redundant.  LA properly defined is Lower Alabama. :)

I think that JP is onto something about the broad genetic gene pool.  I fellow keeper and I have been thinking the same thing about our area.  We have a large feral population as well. 
Lawrence Underwood

Mobile, Alabama

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2008, 03:50:19 pm »

Yes, LA is CCD free.  So is Louisiana.  And, no I'm not being redundant.  LA properly defined is Lower Alabama. :)

I think that JP is onto something about the broad genetic gene pool.  I fellow keeper and I have been thinking the same thing about our area.  We have a large feral population as well. 

Litle John is the one that raised this point, which is a pretty good one.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2008, 04:29:45 pm »
 heres the rest of the post Ive been working on for the last hour. At this point i dont know what Ive done or what will happen. I hope I didnt send any X rated pics!..Well,..I'll celebrate victory IF ANYTHING came out!

Yo JP!
 Speaking of that cutout :-\
 It was a goose chase....I mean we went there(demolition site) and we decided to bring the entire 15 ft box home and tear it open and turn this into a salvage operation.
 The people at the site were only seeing robber bees getting the honey. There was no life inside at all. The bees must have left after the box was dropped from 2 stories up.
I assume this hive had bee abandoned for some time as the hive smelled like good English mead. The honey was REAL dark but tasted ok to me :)
 I told Paul we were probably taking a chance letting our bees clean this up, as there was an inch or more of dead bees on the bottom of the box, but it was pretty much too late when we got home......In 30 minutes there must have been 60,000 bees flying in with their spoons in hand!....I bet there was a hundred lbs of honey still in the comb.
Also, The comb was really dirty(coated in dirt dust) and almost black!
 I figure at least a week till the box gets cleaned out and thats with me turning it every 2 days or so.
 I'll try to send a pic........I'll be right back
[img width= height=]http://lh3.ggpht.com/Johnnybigfish/SEg4iMNiz0I/AAAAAAAAARQ/5UE6cKzDYyQ/s144/Paul%20at%20bee%20site.JPG[/img]

Ok,....As you can see,(I hope), we did have to do a little work on getting the right wall down...Took us about 15 minutes...We told the owner we only extracted bees, we didnt patch up the holes afterwards....He seems a little upset :-D...But so were we,,,No bees!......I guess I better get a big shovel just in case eh'?

heres our end result....

[img width= height=]http://lh5.ggpht.com/Johnnybigfish/SEg4isNiz1I/AAAAAAAAARY/O-4osfdoTCs/s144/me%20with%20salvage%20hive.JPG[/img]

your friend,
john

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2008, 05:06:57 pm »
Hey JP,

Excellent job man....  Sorry I'm late to the party, but swarm season has finally hit up North here and it has hit hard.   I watched it slowly move from the South up the country as you guys kept posting your removals, so I knew it was coming (and hoping). 

rob....

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2008, 05:53:19 pm »
Hey JP,

Excellent job man....  Sorry I'm late to the party, but swarm season has finally hit up North here and it has hit hard.   I watched it slowly move from the South up the country as you guys kept posting your removals, so I knew it was coming (and hoping). 

rob....

congrats. Only one the past two weeks and very small. hope your season is as prodcutive as mine has been.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2008, 07:04:32 pm »
From Wiki:

The standard two letter abbreviation for the state of Louisiana is LA.

I am NORTH of the Mason-Dixon line doncha know?   :shock:

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2008, 11:53:50 pm »
From Wiki:

How many LA's are there in the USA?  So far we have LA: Los Angeles, LA: Louisiana, LA: Lower Alabama, and LA: Lower Alaska (aka the panhandle).  Any more?
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2008, 12:21:40 am »
Hey JP,

rob....

Thanks Rob.

Wow, swarming season here starts in March!

...JP

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2008, 01:22:35 am »
JBF, two good things.  your bees are getting fed, and you can probably salvage some of that wax.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2008, 10:02:20 am »
John, nice pics, but if that took you an hour to get that together, we need to talk.  I think that you need a little bit of help with making your picture posting more easier for you.  Please PM me, and I will try to help you to get things rollin' a little faster.  That is too much time for you to spend on pictures, I know you would have other things that you would rather be doing, hee, hee.  And the pictures were too small, couldn't see them very well, sorry, not to be mean, but the truth must be told  ;) :) :) :)  Beautiful and most wonderful day in our greatest of lives on this earth.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline MollySuesHoney

• New Bee
    • Molly Sue's Honey
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2008, 05:42:19 pm »
From Wiki:

How many LA's are there in the USA?  So far we have LA: Los Angeles, LA: Louisiana, LA: Lower Alabama, and LA: Lower Alaska (aka the panhandle).  Any more?

LA can also mean Lower Arkansas.  That's what we called that strange part of the state growing up.  Things were different down there.  I grew up right on the line between the hills and the Delta.  Man I miss that area.
Lawrence Underwood

Mobile, Alabama

anything