Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What is the easiest way ?  (Read 8587 times)

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
Re: What is the easiest way ?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 09:11:02 am »
We was already doing it a easier way then sticking them in a hole but still was not easy enough. So I ask the question,then after I ask I thought of a real good easy way. If you want to know ask me.

:jawdrop:

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 10:22:26 pm »
I can see a competition about to form here - i reckon we should have you both record your putting a queen in to a cage through your prefered methods... the winner can be crowned the king of queen wrangling!

Offline fish_stix

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 10:44:05 pm »
Do we have an ignore feature on this forum?

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 08:53:53 am »
king of queen wrangling!        :lau: :lau: :lau:

NICE

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 07:05:32 pm »
Buy them it with them already in there.         But if you are putting your bees in there, stick them in head first and let them walk in.

Hi Allen,I am truly sorry for thinking you was making a smart allic remark. I didn't know beekeepers really caught bees and stuck them in the little wooden hole and maybe even hurting their head hitting them on the side of the hole. I would think someone could think of a much easier way as I did.
 Thank You,John
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 09:05:57 pm »
No prob, there normally 3 or 4 ways you can do any one task and sometimes bee keeps come up with some really neat ways to do things.   Maybe one day there would be an auto loader that shoots 5 bees and a queen through a straw with an air jet into a cage (pat. pending).  Who knows?

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 10:48:13 pm »
here us how one producer loads cages

http://www.glenn-apiaries.com/cagefiller.html
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 10:53:31 pm »
yes but i think the queen get a nice massage and manicure before getting in the cage, at 100.00 per queen that must be what is going on

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Offline Storm

• House Bee
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 04:49:01 pm »

That would bee nice.  Of course, then Joel would stop getting what he really wants--attention.

My advice, just responding to his jabs.  Like any schoolyard pest, he'll go away eventually.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 05:29:00 pm »
yes but i think the queen get a nice massage and manicure before getting in the cage, at 100.00 per queen that must be what is going on

Those are II (instrumentally inseminated) breeder queens, they are pure bred stock. Someone will buy them to raise open mated queens with, they are queen makers.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 06:44:20 pm »

Yes,it's in your Personal Message Options but don't put me on it,you will never learn anything. I'm the greatest teacher in the world with more knowledge than anyone could ever hope to have and still learning. Thank you.
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 06:51:17 pm »
Yep, educated beyond usefulness.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 06:53:03 pm »

That would bee nice.  Of course, then Joel would stop getting what he really wants--attention.

My advice, just responding to his jabs.  Like any schoolyard pest, he'll go away eventually.

Go away ? Then you would have one less person to be nasty and rude to, I see the girl scout click here is getting larger.Oh yes and the boy scout.

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 07:04:42 pm »
God I love it when people are so hateful,people hate people who are so much smarter then they. Here I go again,teaching wisdom. :brian:

Guess i'll go camping  :camp:
 You little devil you,I mean me.  :devilbanana: :piano:

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 07:19:33 pm »
No prob, there normally 3 or 4 ways you can do any one task and sometimes bee keeps come up with some really neat ways to do things.   Maybe one day there would be an auto loader that shoots 5 bees and a queen through a straw with an air jet into a cage (pat. pending).  Who knows?

I think i'll stick with my dollar funnel,maybe drill a larger hole on the end of the cage. Stick the funnel in the hole,slide a queen and 5 attendants in, stick in the plug. Do one in about 5-10 seconds.

Man,if I get any smarter I don't know what i'll do.

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 07:26:30 pm »
Yep, educated beyond usefulness.

You make sure you never use a funnel now,I would hate seeing you use my great knowledge. :devilbanana:

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 08:27:25 pm »

Go away ? Then you would have one less person to be nasty and rude to, I see the girl scout click here is getting larger.Oh yes and the boy scout.

i think you meant to say clique  not click

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 08:46:49 pm »
Hey, this is fun.....

They say it is a very fine line between genius and idiot.
I think I know one genius who stepped over the line.
Not calling no names, tho.  :lau:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 10:14:48 pm »
king of queen wrangling!        :lau: :lau: :lau:

NICE

FINALLY - someone caught on to our weird Ozzie sense of humour hahah

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 10:41:38 pm »
Most Queen breeders I know that ( operate on a large scale) rear Queens to sell, put the Queen cell in a mating nuc and let it hatch. A time later when they see the queen is laying remove her and several workers one at the time and place them in the cage head.

To take a queen directly from a queen rearing kit and cage her to be introduced directly in the colony is something new to me. More time consuming and running the risk of loosing her on her mating flight.

Different strokes for different folks.

If you know it "all", why are you still learning? That is also time wasted. :)doak

anything