Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: This is news?  (Read 2910 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: This is news?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 11:22:53 am »
somebody thought it was.   :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Moots

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 11:28:32 am »
I'm thinking a small local paper covering something like this would be quite common.  The fact that it was picked up by the AP is a little surprising. 

However, probably good for the bees and us Beeks!  :)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 11:35:17 am »
Nice article they wrote on it.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 01:34:21 pm »
My wife sent it to me.  Even she pointed out 60,000 is merely a full size hive.  The photo was good and most people have no idea there are so many bees in a hive so it seems incredible.  The article was good though.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 05:14:23 pm »
guys at work seen this before i did and asked me if 60,000 bees was a lot....I said it sounds like a regular sized healthy hive. They said the article they had read made it sound like it was the biggest hive ever found....lol This is my first time seeing the article... funny
Marshall