Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Bee Healthy  (Read 6510 times)

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
Re: Honey Bee Healthy
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 02:15:16 pm »
Are the university researchs all valid

No, they are not. I have seen many excamples.

If we speak about smart biochemists, they use to work in industry and in medicin companies.

In universities there is continuous fighting for project budjeting. When you get a job to research, it is not nice to bite the feeders hand. Half truth will be told.

University guys tend to make hype notions. CCD has inspired many talented person to give information which is taken from sleaves.

In our north university guys made just research that  bumbblebees are vanishing. It was one evaluation and no trend has been proved. From university to Pasific Ocean there is a huge Siberian taiga. What a heck is vanishing there bumbble bees!

I understand that wise guys try to ride with CCD HORSE and try to get money to their projects. But it is easy to see.

Newspaper men make much hype from "bees are vanishing"and "mankind is dieing". New news go around the globe and same "summer stories" are told again and again.
It is easy to see that if the writer does not understand insect pollination, wind pollination and self pollination, the writer cannot be a university guy. It is a newspaper man who write under university name.

Language barrier NOT included

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Honey Bee Healthy
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 02:52:07 pm »
Research on CCD can really take off when all beekeepers get involved and volunteer their hives for studies??

beekeepers are involved.  what beekeepers are finding on things like CCD, mite, etc. does not always fit the political narrative.  there is a long history of CCD like occurrences, but they are rarely mentioned because a history would not fit the political narrative.

something is always dying and man is always killing it.  if you can prove that the same thing happened before man had the tools/chemicals to kill it, please don't mention that.  it messes things up.

HBH is spearmint oil, Lemongrass oil and lecithin as an emulsifier.  you can mix your own for a fraction of the cost if you want to feed essential oils.  if you want to have the convenience of the mix, buy it.  if you don't think essential oils are good for your bees, don't use it. 

i don't see the benefit because i have never had a hive with problems feeding.  the benefit of essential oils in feed is questionable and as some have posted, there is some indication that it may actually be harmful.

like everything else you do, it's cost/benefit and personal preference.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.