Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Soprano's?  (Read 4309 times)

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Soprano's?
« on: May 22, 2007, 08:44:56 pm »
Does anyone watch the show?

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Soprano's?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 09:02:06 pm »
Yes!! I love the show, but am a little disappointed in the direction it has taken for the last season.
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 10:48:00 pm »
Oh I have watched it since the beginning...this season is discouraging...maybe because it relly show Tony's true sociopathic nature...and although Carmella is devout religiously, she knows what Tony does, but accepts the "stuff" anyway...

Even the kids know...

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 10:55:02 pm »
Got to shut this computer down.................5 minutes until Soprano time!

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 11:00:42 pm »
I would have thought there would have been a little more action and FBI interaction since this is the last season and thought they had built it up a bit more than what is going on.  The phychitrist (spelling :-P) are getting to much air time.

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 12:36:45 am »
i think I am ready for it to be over... :-P

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 04:01:52 pm »
watching every part (if i don't forget) it's really amusing, but i haven't watched previous seasons so..i can't say wether it's gone bad or anything.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 05:59:33 pm »
Can you say, "jumped the shark."

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 07:28:53 pm »
Brendhan:

I know the meaning well, shame when it happens - but every series seems to make the effort to squeeze either another season or better ratings and story-lines by doing it. Rarely does it work out. Adding new characters or swerving away from your plot is almost always a last ditch effort. I don't know why the Soprano's needed this, but frankly the last two seasons were CRAP - except for this last week's show, the others were all pretty good. When you are counting down the episodes and shooting dozens of endings WITHOUT cast interaction to "Protect" the ending, continuity surely falls apart - let's hope they save the best for these last two episodes starting nex week.

In Heroes, the Father of the Cheerleader was suppose to be a bit character, but turned into the most complex of all and is written into all shows - I guess this isn't Jumping the Shark, but it surely an example of what SHOULD happen in a show.

P.S. I still hate CBS for cancelling out Jericho - freakin' idiots!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 11:12:18 am »
Well, The Sporanos is over June 10th...series finale...should be interesting..I will miss seeing "the family", I am just hoping that the finale pulls it all together, brining us to an "ah ha moment"...coming from an huge Italian backround, it has been fun to watch "da guys"...and find out what dish Carmella would be preparing next...

Ciao~*~

anything