Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Oregon coast  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Oregon coast
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:24:57 am »
The wife made me some 2-1 when I was a work to be nice is it to late to feed it to my bee's. The temp's are 45 at night and 55 to 60 in the day time.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline 1of6

• House Bee
  • Always learning...
Re: Oregon coast
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 11:28:08 am »
I would feed if I still had those temperatures. 

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 11:41:23 am »
The wife made me some 2-1 when I was a work to be nice is it to late to feed it to my bee's. The temp's are 45 at night and 55 to 60 in the day time.

Hmmmm...and what exactly has she done....we all know wive's don't make syrup for their beekeeping husbands   :evil:

Or, at least mine doesn't.... :'(
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Melilem

• House Bee
    • New England Bee Photos
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 12:02:45 pm »
Well Bjorn Ill tell you how Jon did it. Suddenly leave town on business and leave hastey instuctions. But start with something fun, like "queens cells are going to hatch tomorrow in the big hive, so you'll need to..." Trust me, she will thank you for it... when she lets you back in the house.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 08:44:23 pm »
irwin, i was feeding up until this week when our weather changed.  it's been so mild and the bees have been active with nothing to bring in.  now that the rain and cold are back, i have quit for the year.

check your stores.  mine were using theirs up.  yours may still have plenty.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 09:14:38 pm »
 Well Bjorn, you aren't doing something right. My wife will do a lot of things for me just to get me out of her hair. Oh yeah, probably those dozen red roses Tues. for our 31st anniversary helps.
 Sorry I can't help you up there Irwin, I am pulling mine in off the frost bit goldenrod (a week ago) and putting them here at my house to get the Dec/Jan Maple/Willow bloom. A deep & med combo I moved tonight was too heavy for me by myself.  I hope the rest I have to move are that way.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

anything