Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Holiday wishes from Kare & Al  (Read 3633 times)

Anonymous

Holiday wishes from Kare & Al
« on: December 20, 2004, 06:45:07 pm »
:) Posting here so every one sees it.
Happy Holidays to each and every one of you and thank you all for the learning experince.

:) Most of all thank you John for making it all possiable.

:D Kare & Al

Offline Jay

• House Bee
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 03:01:18 am »
And many happy returns of the day to the two of you!! :D
By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 07:54:31 pm »
Thanks Jay.
Sure does make one wonder with over 300 members only one person replied to this post :(  :cry: .
 :D Al

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 09:05:47 pm »
I think my forum postings are being a bit quirky Al - I'm not seeing ALL NEW POSTS as being highlighted by the darker brown post icons - I think it maybe that whenever I backup the forum (which I am doing daily) it automatically marks all posts as read.

Merry Christmas Al and Kare and family - I'm surely not missing holiday wishes toward anyone here. I got a chance today to bring my Mom home for a few hours from the nursing home - I work Christmas day, so we decided to have an early meal together while I was off.

She will be in the rehab another 2 weeks and hopefully her back and legs will be stronger when she gets out. Her spirits are good and she really likes the workers and co-residents there, so I'm happy that she is at a place she likes. It is the 4th time she has been there in as many years, each time post operative until this time - so they know her and she gets to make her rounds to visit with permanent residents. It's a good feeling that she will be comfortable and well cared for while I start an 8 day stretch of day watches.

Again, busy busy times at Beemaster Central, but NEVER busy enough to wish a friend a Joyous Christmas. Something tells me Al that you'd look pretty good in the Santa Outfit  :P  

Hugs to Kare and the family - and never forget those families touched by the efforts in Iraq: what a sad Christmas it will be for so many. I will thank those I greet Saturday morning as I enter the Naval Base: I hope to either have pastry and coffees or something to give them as a gesture of gratitude.

Although NOT military, I do feel honored to make those on our base (about 1500 sailors and jet jockeys) comfortable with warm housing and plenty of hot water for showers and clothes washing. Those in Iraq and elsewhere in the world don't have those simple amenities which we take for granted - so I take my job very seriously and when our phone DOESN'T ring, I know I've done my job well :) Talk soon Al, have a safe and fun time until we talk again.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

manowar422

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 10:19:02 pm »
Al & Kare,
May you and yours have a healthy and happy holiday season.

Best Wishes,
David

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 09:42:09 am »
John, Glad your mom is doing well and is happy. I just recived an E mail this morning from my sister who informed me my own mother is doing well and since she was given the cane with instructions to use it has stopped falling.
:) I am also glad you let the service men and women where you work know how much they are appreciated. Many of us are not able to show it that easy so they really know.  :(  I no longer watch the news reports as I am tired of our troops being in harms way every day over lies. Like I told Kare one day when asked how come I didn't watch the news with her any longer. It is just like Veit Nam only the fighting is in the citys instead of the jungles.  :cry:  :cry: I my self see no way out of there just as it was in Veit Nam 58,000 KIA for not a thing.

:lol:  :lol:  No I couldn't be a santa, I can not be jolly. Besides that I'm just not fat enough to play the roll. Although I am fat it is on the small side of fat  :roll:  :roll: .

One year ago Christmas eve.

:D Al