Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Family Photos  (Read 3480 times)

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
Family Photos
« on: January 09, 2007, 11:07:37 pm »
I decided to add some more pics of my family. It sure is nice to share so here they are.

this is a picture of my father Jesse and my son Laurence. My father is in the end stages of Alzheimer's disease, so every moment is precious.

this is a picture (not very good) of my better halves :lol:Darryl and Laurence. It was 90 degrees and 100% humidity this day. We are just coming out of a chapel were my friends wedding was held. Looking and feeling a little wilted.

I will probably add photos of my sisters and mom but this is it for now.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: Family Photos
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 08:41:22 am »
Dad's are so precious, I miss mine terribly.  Your pictures are very nice, thanx for posting them!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 09:53:24 am »
organicgrl37.  Nice pictures.  I loved the one with your Father and your son.  Your Father looks at peace in the picture, sad that he is ill.

My Father is in a home.  He has full blown Altzheimers.  Looked after him in our basement suite until I could no longer.  He took to eloping, and it was becoming dangerous, we could not control his running away any more and I was not about to lock him up under lock and key.  It was terribly sad.  He is in a happy place now, living right in the moment.  Does not know me or my family.  This disease is such a waste of human.  My Father was an incredible man.  He was a builder, designer, inventor, worked hard every day of his life, and this is where he ended up, in just a few very short years.  All his knowledge was passed on to his children, we are a talented bunch of siblings in many of the ways that our Father taught us and other ways.  But he instilled some wonderful talents, that I don't think we could have picked up on our own.  Great day.  Cindi  Keep on with the pictures, gotta love them!!!!
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 03:16:06 am »
Alzheimers is a dreadful thing, It is harder on the family than any other disease. Fortunately those afflicted do not know that they have it.

That is a BEAUTIFUL photo. In years to come, your Family will treasure that photo. Just look at those two hands, unconditional love there. Your son looks so happy to be in the arms of his Grandfather.

Brings a tear to my eye. Have you ever seen a HAPPIER little boy?

Believe it or not, your father knows that child is his grandson.

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 11:19:08 am »
thanks for all your nice words. These pictures certainly do hold a special place in my heart. My father's alzheimer's has advanced even further and he is now having problems swallowing. It is very hard to have him at home and recieving hospice care, but I wouldn't want it any other way. My son laurence brings laughter and light to our home and I can see evidence that my father enjoys his company. It is very important to me that my son has some memory of my father. He was a truly amazing man, knowing 11 different languages and being a cryptographer for the airforce and then running his own machine tooling business. Growing up there was never a dull moment, my father loved to take his family with him on business trips, and every summer we would go camping and traveling. He was always supportive of my ambitions, even when I dropped out of college to become and apprentice on an organic dairy farm. I miss him very much.

Darryl has been my rock. He is the other truly amazing man in my life. Not only is he a loving father to our son, he is a dedicated caretaker and son to his own terminally ill mother. He is there when i need an emotional support or a laugh to help me through the day. We have been together for over 9 years now and I wouldn't trade him in for anything :lol: We just hope that eventually we will be able to come together and have a family home.

I just want to say that being a part of this forum has been a great therapy of sorts for me. Living here in the city has been difficult for me. It is the furtherest from my dreams that I have been. Writing and chatting with all of you beekeepers gives me a chance to capture a rural setting in the livingroom of my city home. thanks

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 10:45:40 pm »
organicgrl37.  It must be difficult for a country girl to not be living in the country.  I was born country.  I lived for about a year in a subdivision and that more than I could contend with, I stayed there as short a time as I could.

Your Father sounds like he was a fantastic parent.  so nice to have the memories.  Amazing how many languages he spoke, that is incredible.  Great day.  I feel the same way about the forum as you do, it has been a wonderful place to spend my leisure time.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 04:39:47 am »
Mate, you are going through a terrible time, and I was thinking about you all day.

Your caring for your father at home is an enormous burden, but there is no greater love than what you are doing now for your father. He sounds like he IS an amazing man, one who has given so much to his country and for his family.

I dont know what else I can say.

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 11:07:42 pm »
Keep going do the best you can my Mother just kept singing the same song over and over but hell she picked a good song though
keep the faith
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon