Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I'm a Queen Bee 0_0  (Read 7277 times)

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
I'm a Queen Bee 0_0
« on: August 30, 2008, 12:26:19 am »
>1000 posts.  Can't I be a Drone or even a fictional King Bee?   :-D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
Re: I'm a Queen Bee 0_0
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 01:00:37 am »
I thought drones were king bees... they mate with the queens, and get to lay around and do nothing... sounds like a typical king to me!

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 01:55:42 am »
You have a point there.  I like it!  CROWN ME DRONE!   :-D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 01:48:34 pm »
You have a point there.  I like it!  CROWN ME DRONE!   :-D

It's ok bassman, we know your not a real "Queen"

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 01:58:51 pm »
Not sure how to answer this Sarge. Sure, you may lay around and do nothing in the hive, but if you mate with a queen, your days are over as you fall genitaless to the ground to your agonizing death. To me (natural urges aside) I'd stay for the single season I get to shack up with the workers and not go queen hunting - of course, they don't have the foresite of what will happen if they mate, but all in all a drones life aint bad until they are tossed in the Fall.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 09:29:25 pm »
Not sure how to answer this Sarge. Sure, you may lay around and do nothing in the hive, but if you mate with a queen, your days are over as you fall genitaless to the ground to your agonizing death. To me (natural urges aside) I'd stay for the single season I get to shack up with the workers and not go queen hunting - of course, they don't have the foresite of what will happen if they mate, but all in all a drones life aint bad until they are tossed in the Fall.

Sounds like marriage to me.   :-D

Oh boy is my wife going to kill me if and when she sees that.   :-D

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 07:20:33 pm »

Oh boy is my wife going to kill me if and when she sees that.   :-D
[/quote] :evil:

OOHHhhOOOOOhhh, you gonna be in TRROOUUUUBBBLEEE!!!   :-D :-D Won't have to worry about the side effects of mating for awhile though.... :roll: :evil: The honey-do list just got longer! 
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 08:15:44 pm »
hey sarge, You dont know how many times my wife looks over my shoulder and sees me type something she doesnt agree with, especially if I'm whining about my son!
Most the time I manage to cover my bases!

your friend,
john

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 04:56:46 am »
Johnny, just to clarify.  I have an absolutely wonderful wife standing over my shoulder.  She is the absolute one and only love of my life and is holding the rolling pin.  I am a VERY lucky man to have her, and only have the one lump on my head so far.   :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 11:26:44 am »
Johnny, just to clarify.  I have an absolutely wonderful wife standing over my shoulder.  She is the absolute one and only love of my life and is holding the rolling pin.  I am a VERY lucky man to have her, and only have the one lump on my head so far.   :-D

Bwaaaa!!!  I bet you got more than one lump on your head, quit embellishing!!!  :evil: ;) :) :) :)  Have the most wonderful and awesome day,  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2008, 12:21:55 pm »
My wife said my head IS a lump.   :-D

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 09:42:56 pm »
your wife and my wife must be sisters!
 The last time I got caught typing I was typing about Palin here in the forums..She just rolled her eyes,....verbally!
Yeh, i got a good one too!Took me 40 years to find her but I did none the less!
your friend,
john

anything