Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Oklahoma  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Blkpwr

• New Bee
Oklahoma
« on: January 10, 2012, 04:40:39 pm »
White Protestant family of four
Father (me) of two boys, 4 months and 31 mOnths
Former paratrooper, civil servant and public school teacher (social studies, geography, P.E. and health, coach
Wife biology and home ec teacher ( former skydiver)
Both certified gung fu instructors

Moving soon to Eufala area to expand family pecan grove into an orchard
Planning on beekeeping there

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 04:56:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum and what is gung fu?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 06:56:11 pm »
Welcome to the site and thank you for your service! Is gung fu anything like gung ho? :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:34:11 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Offline Blkpwr

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 10:53:00 pm »
Welcome to the forum and what is gung fu?

gung fu is the cantonese prounciation of kung fu (which is mandarin). They mean the same thing. man of achievement, or a bunch of other things. The martial art I am certified to instruct is Bruce Lee's. Therefore the Mandarin pronunciation and spelling.

Offline Blkpwr

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 10:56:39 pm »
Welcome to the site and thank you for your service! Is gung fu anything like gung ho? :-D

Scott

Sort of. The man that taught me gung fu is a former Marine. There are alot of military veterans in his martial arts association (I counted well over half the men as vets at one weekend seminar with several dozen in attendance).