Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: visiting UK/Scotland in AUG/SEPT any Bee stuff on ?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline ericthebee

• New Bee
visiting UK/Scotland in AUG/SEPT any Bee stuff on ?
« on: March 05, 2006, 02:19:54 am »
I'm from Australia and will be traveling all over the UK/scotland/orkneys (Following my husband and his accapella gigs "spooky mens chorale" see web! )  As I plan to move my hives to our cold climate farm ,  yes we do have some places with snow, I'm intrested in overwinter feeding, insulation & condensation  problems etc  . So if there are any Club hive days or whatever that would be great  I will be there 8th Aug to 15th Sept
 I would happily return the favour if you were ever visited down here. I'm a member of our local Bee club in Sydney

Regards Dianna

Offline ian michael davison

• House Bee
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 04:38:20 am »
Hi all
ericthebee: We have an open day on the 12th of August at our teaching apiary in Woking surrey.
http://www.blackhorseapiaries.org.uk/
The day is attended by beginners from our spring and summer courses and plenty of members from local associations. All are welcome.
There is also an article on the apiary in the January eddition of the American bee journal (skep making)
You can PM me for more details and you might want to try the BBKA site
and the forums there.

Hope this helps
Regards Ian
P.S I do happen to rather like OZ and have visited a number of times so be careful you might find a POM on your doorstep. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
At LEAST I COULD TELL YOU ABOUT A GOOD CRICKET AND RUGBY TEAM THOUGH :lol:  :twisted:

Offline ian michael davison

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 05:53:34 am »
Hi all
Has anyone seen the article in the January American bee journal on Black horse and Johns Skep making.

Regards Ian