Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hive just swarmed  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Hive just swarmed
« on: June 04, 2009, 01:45:57 pm »
Well i went out to cut the weeds in the bee yard and noticed the orientation was starting awful early today, 9:30 a.m. Well sure enough they were swarming and fast. I watched as the cloud went over to the neighbors apple tree. I then saw there was already a large clump of bees n the tree. Didnt know there was that many bees in the hive, 1 deep. Ill post some pictures because Im not letting these get away. I cant keep them but the other beek said he'll take them. 

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
Re: Hive just swarmed
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 02:04:25 pm »
Got some quick photos. I noticed there are two different clumps of them, Why? Here are the pictures.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 04:01:22 pm »
Ok we got them hived up. By the time I got everything together I noticed the bees had moved but now there were three clumps.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 08:31:03 pm »
good job on getting them put up. so were there three swarms (three queens) or just one swarm all broken up?

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:02:13 pm »
I think it was just one swarm but not sure. The guy I gave them to was going to look through the frames to see after they calmed down.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:17:56 pm »
I grad you got your swarm back
Johnny