Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Missouri  (Read 1712 times)

Offline marlena

• New Bee
Hello from Missouri
« on: July 07, 2008, 02:22:45 am »
Hi Everyone! I fell into beekeeping when I married my husband (who plays on this forum often). He had several hives and it wasn't long before I was right out there in the bee yard with him. It just seemed natural for me to fall into beekeeping as I made handmade soaps that contained honey and beeswax. Of course I also make some of my soaps with goat's milk, so I also decided that I needed goats too.  :-D 

I don't know alot about beekeeping as I've only been helping my husband for a couple of years. But I am pretty knowledgable about soapmaking if anyone should need any help with that craft.  ;)

~Marlena

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Missouri
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 11:19:12 am »
Marlena, welcome to our forum, you decided to chime in, that is cool.  So nice that you have the knowledge to make wax products, lovely, and  your offer to assist anyone that would be interested is a gracious one.  You have fallen under the spell of the honeybee, that is clear to see, we have too.  Tell us your tales, experiences, we are people that care and are interested in what other's are up to...and....have that most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline chefbb

• New Bee
    • www.pamperedchef.biz/bonnie
New-bee from Central florida
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 02:58:42 pm »
Hi!!!  I am brand new to bee-keeping.  I have wanted to get started for a couple of years and have finally made the plunge.  I feel so dumb because I know very little about what I am doing!  Hopefully I will learn a lot from the forum!  I am in central Florida near Orlando.  Most of the Bee Books I have read are more for Northern Bees that have cold climates. 
I bought 2 hives of bees from a gentleman that is having health problems and no longer care for his bees. One thing I have noticed is that the bees seem to "congregate" on the hive above the entrance. About 100 bees are there. Is this normal? Or is this a "sign" of some sort?? Like they are crowded? If this questions has already been asked and answered, please refer me to area where I can find the answer.  Look forward to reading all the info...there is certainly quite a lot!
..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
 ¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
 ((¸¸.•´ ..•´ Bonnie Banda -:¦:- -.  ?
 -:¦:- ((¸¸.•´* Independent Sales Director
                   The Pampered Chef®