Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dadant Promo- Free Shipping Dec. 1-31  (Read 26277 times)

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: Dadant Promo- Free Shipping Dec. 1-31
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 11:53:06 am »
I'm not to far from Dadant Albion and didn't get the flier, so I called, and the gentleman on the phone explained that it is NY, KY, and Virginia branches, but they are willing to ship to me from there, or ship out of Albion and transfer inventory or whatever they need to.
Rick

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 11:55:54 am »

I'm not sure what Dadant's motivation is,  maybe they are just going after the business that Brushy soaks up every year in December due to the free shipping.

The fellow at dadant albion that I spoke with did mention that this was a reason.
Rick

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 11:59:06 am »
I'm not to far from Dadant Albion and didn't get the flier, so I called, and the gentleman on the phone explained that it is NY, KY, and Virginia branches, but they are willing to ship to me from there, or ship out of Albion and transfer inventory or whatever they need to.

Yea, brushy is opening up a new outlet in pa.
I am my own biggest critic!

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 01:20:06 pm »
I am new to beekeeping, but I have ordered from dadant, I wonder why I have not gotten a notice of sale from them. What items have they discounted 10%, just here and there, all woodenware, or is there a pattern to it? if it does not apply to internet orders, I doubt if they have notice of it on line. Maybe they are being selective in who they are giving it to, (discrimination??).

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 02:13:43 pm »
I highly doubt its discrimination. What would the basis for their discrimination be? What could they possibly know about you?
When I order from them I don't get asked any type of questions, they know my name and my address, nothing else.
Do you regularly recieve their catalogs? Are you on their mailing list? If not then they obviously don't have you on their mass mailing lists and you would therefore not be recieving any communication from them.
They are discounting all kinds of things, the post card specifically mentioned woodenware and extractors but I didn't look into it.
I have everything I need at this point.

Greg I did call Brushy Mountain and at this point customer service tells me that they have absolutely no idea if they are going to do the shipping promo this year, the woman said that it has not been decided on yet but they are discussing maybe doing it for orders of over $100.00.
She said she has been getting lots of phone calls on it already.
She said they are not sure but they may do something on black Friday but to keep checking their websites.
She apologized but apparently has no idea at this point.
I wonder if its because they have spent so much money opening the new place in PA.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 02:16:03 pm »

Bill, print this one out too :devilbanana:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 02:17:35 pm »
You are gonna get it!  :-D

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 04:45:20 pm »
I highly doubt its discrimination. What would the basis for their discrimination be? What could they possibly know about you?
When I order from them I don't get asked any type of questions, they know my name and my address, nothing else.
Do you regularly recieve their catalogs? Are you on their mailing list? If not then they obviously don't have you on their mass mailing lists and you would therefore not be recieving any communication from them.
They are discounting all kinds of things, the post card specifically mentioned woodenware and extractors but I didn't look into it.

Greg I did call Brushy Mountain and at this point customer service tells me that they have absolutely no idea if they are going to do the shipping promo this year, the woman said that it has not been decided on yet but they are discussing maybe doing it for orders of over $100.00.
She said they are not sure but they may do something on black Friday but to keep checking their websites.
I wonder if its because they have spent so much money opening the new place in PA.

Natalie, I was just wondering, since I have ordered from them, and I get their catalog, if by posibility they had a special customer list, or different classes of contacts, which is not uncommon in business. Some businesses have a prefered customer list, and other classes of customers, and some busineses send special sale notices just to customers they think would be interested in a particular item, or items.
I did go to their websight, and found their email address a couple of hours ago, and sent them an email asking for a copy of the flyer. Well, less than a half a day later I received the flyer by email, that is very good service, and I will give them a gold star, and so everyone, let me tell you they are not discriminating, and if anyone is interested in getting it, send me your email address, and I will forward it to you.

bigbearomaha

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 05:15:22 pm »
While many of these places have stores in locations west of Ole Mis, their supply warehouses are usually where the original stores or headquarters are.  many of these seem to be east.

So, what you do is start a beekeeping supplies business with your main supply warehouse west of the river and take all their business away.

Better yet, come to a central part of the country with your warehouse and it's equal distance to both costs.  Omaha, NE is a good place to put that warehouse.  I'll help you if you want. 

Big Bear

Offline rast

• Field Bee
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 07:10:02 pm »
 I did email Kelly and they told me I was in zone 5 so I only get 10% off.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 07:42:48 pm »
Thanks Natalie. I meant to call them today but by the time I had a spare minute at work both places were closed. I need frames, assorted woodenware and foundation so whoever will give me free shipping I'll buy from them. :-D We didn't buy anything from Dadant this year so we may not be eligible for their free shipping special this year. We need over $100 worth of stuff so if Dadant can't help us we'll wait until Black Friday and see if Brushy Mt. can. :lol:
Every man looks at his wood pile with a kind of affection- Thoreau

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 07:56:22 pm »
What do you need for frames and foundation?
I have close to a 100 sheets of medium foundation that came with the garden hives I got from Brushy Mountain this year and I don't use foundation.
I have some frames around too.
You should still be able to get the shipping from Dadant, I have the flyer and the code just says
"super sale".
I can always order it in my name too if it ends up being an issue with them. oops did I say that? :shock:

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 08:06:51 pm »
What do you need for frames and foundation?
I have close to a 100 sheets of medium foundation that came with the garden hives I got from Brushy Mountain this year and I don't use foundation.
I have some frames around too.
You should still be able to get the shipping from Dadant, I have the flyer and the code just says
"super sale".
I can always order it in my name too if it ends up being an issue with them. oops did I say that? :shock:
Let me know what you want for that foundation and I'll pay you for it. I'll call Dadant tomorrow if time permits and ask them if they'll give me free shipping. If they won't I'd love to take you up on your offer to add something onto your order. I'd like to start rotating out some of my brood chamber frames and get something better looking in there. Because of my old job and other challenges life has thrown at us the last few years we haven't been the best of beekeepers. Ann and I hope to make the needed improvements next season.

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2009, 09:00:15 pm »
OK, here it is Admin, if this is not OK go ahead and delete this posting, but I think it benefits all members.

Dadant november & december Super Sale
contact waverly, ny, chatham, va, and frankfort ky, and mention code super sale
10% discount on ALL 10 sheet, 50 sheet, &25# dadant beeswa foundation (not applicable to internet orders)
plasticell foundation
8-3/8 x 16-3/4 uncoated 1 - 50 sheets .70¢ ea.
8-3/8 x 16-3/4 beeswax coated 1 - 50 sheets .83¢ ea.
5-1/2 x 16-3/4 uncoated 1 - 50 sheets .63¢ ea.
5-1/2 x 16-3/4 beeswax coated 1 - 50 sheets .72¢ ea.
assembled frames with coated plasticell
9-1/8 1 - 50 frames $1.80 ea.
6-1/4 1 - 50 frames $1.68 ea.
woodenware
Select Hive Bodies 1 - 50 $13.50
Commercial Hive Bodies 1 - 50 $11.50
Select 6-5/8 Super 1 - 50 $9.50
Commercial 6-5/8 Super 1 - 50 $8.75
Select 5-11/16 Super 1 - 50 $8.75
Commercial 5-11/16 Super 1 - 50 $8.00
Commercial Comb Honey Super 1 - 50 $8.00
Assembled Hive (unpainted) with frames &
Plasticell foundation coated with beeswax 1 - 25 $69.95
Assembled Commercial Body with
frames & foundation (unpainted) 1 - 25 $35.95
and fee shipping on all products december 1-31
(backordered, glass containers,truck shipments, and orders west of the mississippi are excluded) no internet orders
10% discount on all extractors all wood goods packed in ctn/1 and ctn/5 (unassembled), all smokers, all veils & suits
brood builder patties 10 pack $14.50

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2009, 09:06:02 pm »
Sale (10% off) is nov & dec, but free shipping is just in Dec.

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2009, 09:56:39 pm »
Sale (10% off) is nov & dec, but free shipping is just in Dec.
Thank you Lakeman for clearing up the confusion.

Offline slaphead

• House Bee
  • Obsessive, compulsive & happy
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2009, 12:10:35 am »
Western Bee Supplies are in Montana, you can find their web site using Google.  The similarities between the pictures in their catalog and those offered by some larger suppliers suggest a common source for those particular items.

SH
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2009, 12:52:21 am »
Western Bee Supplies are in Montana, you can find their web site using Google.  The similarities between the pictures in their catalog and those offered by some larger suppliers suggest a common source for those particular items.

SH
thats because they produce dadants wooden ware and- I have been told there is a family relationship involved
 :lol: RDY-B

Offline slaphead

• House Bee
  • Obsessive, compulsive & happy
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2009, 01:43:20 am »
Could be  ;)

Whatever the story their boxes and frames go together just fine and the cost of shipping from them to the NW is less than from some more eastern competitors :-D

SH
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR, 1933

Offline woodchopper

• House Bee
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2009, 06:50:14 am »
Could be  ;)

Whatever the story their boxes and frames go together just fine
If I were to buy Dadant frames would I run into a problem using Brushy supers ? So far I haven't run into anyproblems with anything not fitting into them.