Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: stings  (Read 2295 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
stings
« on: October 05, 2005, 06:21:34 am »
Hi, I get stung a lot as I always go barefoot and have a lot of floweriing white clover in the lawn. I have fouond that after the fist 3 or 4 stings on the feet that i dont really notice them much. I might be lucky or it might be the type of bees thast sting me dont have much punch. But Im a total novice when it comes to bees !

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
stings
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 08:54:36 am »
After the first few stings of the season I don't have much reaction at all either.  Your body seems to get used to it.  But then next spring the first one usually swells a bit.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline jgarzasr

• House Bee
stings
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 01:25:39 pm »
I got stung a lot when I was a kid - by both honey bees and wasps.  I remember my ankle getting really swelled up.  But now as an adult when I get stung - I get almost no reaction - a little itchy feeling after the sting first happens - but a minute later, back to normal. The only problem I have now is anticipating the sting - still have a little fear.

anything