Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Brazilian Pepper favorite pest tree of Florida Beekeepers  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Brazilian Pepper favorite pest tree of Florida Beekeepers
« on: April 15, 2007, 12:11:43 am »
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Enviro/envFLAG01041407.htm

Hey Malcolm,

Clarify that statement a little better next time. Most commerical beekeepers like brazilian pepper trees. The hobbiest and the rest of the commerical beekeepers recognize that tree for the problem it is.

*sigh*

There are enough other things in bloom in Florida that we can get by without the brazilian pepper tree and the honey taste nasty from that tree(my opinion).

On my resume I am going to include a job description that says giving the cluebat treatment to those with Phd behind their name.

While there are beekeepers who like brazilian pepper trees. It is well established in Florida and has been for a long time that this tree is invasive and dangerous. In one flew swoop Malcolm has made beekeepers look like idiots.

Doing PR against AHB is bad enough now having to deal with other enviromental issues that are well established in this state .........*sigh*.

Look Malcolm , I like you I respect you, but the media is a merciless machine. We put you in charge (Florida State Beekeepers association Secretary) in the hope that you will keep beekeepers in a good light. I do not believe that helps keep us in a good light. I am also not certain as to how true it actually is.

I mean are there a bunch of beekeepers that in that flagler beach area that set hives next to (okay 2 miles for the foraging range of bees) those trees they want to remove?

Is there nothing else for bees to forage on during that period of time that the Brazilian tree is in bloom?

This is Florida there are plenty of things in bloom. Even in the northern part of the state during that time.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Brazilian Pepper favorite pest tree of Florida Beekeepers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 02:01:55 am »
Holyk smokers!!!!  When I read of Brazilian pepper trees, all I can picture in my mind is a great big, hot, mouth burning Habanero pepper, just turning very spicy, orange and the sunsetting sun, hot tasting and something that I always put in the salsa for my brother in law that I try to make as spicy as I possibly can.  I have kept trying for years to burn his mouth off the face of this earth, but I cannot get that done yet.  The day that he told me to taste this yummy mammoth sized olive was the day my mind was set.  It had a hidden habanero pepper in it.  My vengence was brought on!!!  Best of the night, wonderful day, I'm thinking of how to burn off his face.  Right, almost forgot, I got so bent out of shape about my brother in law, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 02:14:01 am »
Holyk smokers!!!!  When I read of Brazilian pepper trees, all I can picture in my mind is a great big, hot, mouth burning Habanero pepper, just turning very spicy, orange and the sunsetting sun, hot tasting and something that I always put in the salsa for my brother in law that I try to make as spicy as I possibly can.  I have kept trying for years to burn his mouth off the face of this earth, but I cannot get that done yet.  The day that he told me to taste this yummy mammoth sized olive was the day my mind was set.  It had a hidden habanero pepper in it.  My vengence was brought on!!!  Best of the night, wonderful day, I'm thinking of how to burn off his face.  Right, almost forgot, I got so bent out of shape about my brother in law, great health.  Cindi

Unfortunatly the brazilian pepper doesn't have peppers that are spicy. Even better if you eat to many they are toxic.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 11:27:47 am »
Brendhan, well that is good to know, I wouldn't want to off my brother in law, I love him very much.  LOL.  I just want to give him a burning ring of fire, and haven't been able to reach that hot point in the salsa....yet.  Best of this beautiful day, the sun is gonna shine, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything