Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wanna see some weird bugs?  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Wanna see some weird bugs?
« on: July 17, 2007, 10:54:34 pm »
I always see these orange bugs on my flowers, everywhere.  Never have been able to identify them.  Does anyone know what these are, they seem to enjoy being with each other whenever I see them  :evil:  Have a wonderful day, great life. Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: Wanna see some weird bugs?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 09:12:15 am »
Rick

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:20:59 am »
Hey....this is a family friendly forum. Please be more discrete,  I'm sure the bugs don't appreciate it either :-P

Love Bugs :?

Sorry, I really can't help,  but couldn't resist.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:25:44 am »
Scadsobees thanks for the link to the site, a good one.  Cantharis livida (species).  Yep, you got it.  I actually see all different species of the soldier bug around here.  I have quite an interest in bugs too, as well as bees.  I googled the soldier beetle and this is a site that defines this reddish dude: http://www.gardensafari.net/english/soldier_beetles.htm

I am of the belief that the actual name for this bug is the Hogweed Banking Beetle.  It usually eats dead animals, the larvae like slugs and worms.  It loves to hang out on umbrel-type flowers (guess that is why it really likes to be on the flower umbrels of the parsley gone to flower), very pretty site for this bug, check it out.  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything