Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Texas  (Read 1684 times)

Offline JB

• New Bee
Hello from Texas
« on: March 08, 2008, 11:29:21 pm »
This will be my first season with my own bees! I have been helping my grandfather for a few summers now with his bees and am hooked. This past Christmas he gave me everything I need to get started minus the bees. He does everything the old fashion way and his one condition was that I either catch a swarm or beeline to find a feral hive. Since I dont really want to sit around and wait for a swarm I will be beelining to find my first hive just like he did. If everything goes well I plan to post some photos along the way. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Hello from Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 07:49:23 am »
Welcome JB,
I hope you accomplish this task,that would be wonderful.Good luck and go get em!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 01:47:01 am »
JB, welcome to our forum.  What a wonderful gift your Grandpa has given to you, not the material gift, but the gift of the love of the honeybee.  You have very obviously spent alot of time with these bees, and they have you under their spell.  That is right, their spell, there is no other way to put it. 

And then your Grandpa gave you the apparatus to begin to keep bees, beautiful and wonderful, a great beekeeper you will become, just like that Grandpa of yours.  Ask all your questions, tell us of your experiences and stories, we all love to read and hear these things.  Have a most beautiful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything