Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Massachusetts  (Read 3888 times)

Offline MAXANT

• New Bee
Hello from Massachusetts
« on: November 08, 2007, 08:12:47 pm »
Wanted to say Hi, looks like a great site.
J

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Hello from Massachusetts
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 08:54:22 pm »
It's always great to have people ask questions and get the answer from the horses mouth.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 08:55:01 pm »
Yes, Michael, you beat me to the punch. To MAXANT, welcome and I hope you enjoy it here!

Offline MAXANT

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 10:14:31 pm »
Thanks for the welcome!  :-D
Am always happy to answer any questions about our products! ;)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 09:32:59 am »
Welcome to the site!!!!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 07:55:53 am »
Maxant, welcome to Beemaster, I am now hypnotized by looking at your avatar. Please don't make me do something srupid.  :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 11:03:23 am »
Maxant, welcome to our great forum.  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 09:11:19 pm »
Hey Maxant!
 Welcome to "The Place"!
 I think you'll like it here and get answers to all your questions!
 By the way, are you anywhere near Fall River or Swansea? Most of my living relatives are from these places!
your friend,
john

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 08:44:26 am »
John, Maxant is out in Ayer, MA.  They make high-quality honey and wax processing equipment.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 10:00:46 pm »
Ohhhh,,,,,Ok
Hmmm,....Is Hanson near Fall River?...Awww, just kidding!
But,..really, ........is it??

Thanks for the info about Maxant. Now I know where to look if I need any processing equipment.

They might have a question though someday, dont'cha think??..
your friend,
john

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 08:44:02 pm »
No, Hanson isn't really near Fall River, Hanson is right off Route 3 halfway (sorta) between Boston and Plymouth.  Near Hanover and Rockland.  Have you been to Fall Riv before? 

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 09:31:19 pm »
Sure I've been there. Just the summer before last and in 1962 or 64 when dad was in Viet Nam.Are you wondering why I dont really know where Fall River is located?..Actually, I've never looked at a map of Mass. except for a road Atlas and that was the summer before last..When I have to drive 4 days to get somewhere I tend to only look at the Road parts which show me where to go. What i do know about Fall river is that theres a bridge crossing a river and you can see Fall River in all its glory. Also, Rhode Island is just across the bay from where my relatives live.. Check this out...My dad(and his brothers) were born just a few doors down from Lizzy Bordens house, so I'm told. Fall River also is big on parades!! Parades EVERY weekend it seems! Theres also a Battleship in one of the bays and every year they have a 2 week celebration with this ship at the center of everything! Tons of people come from all over the world. Dad and I were there during this happening!
 Its really a beautiful town but since I hadnt been there since I was little everything seemed so much smaller. The best actual part of this trip was me and dad spending time together. Dad and I had talked for years about going back one day but never got around to it. Dad came over one Saturday (like always) and told me his oldest brother was dying. The next day after clearing it at work, I called dad and told him to pack his stuff,we're going home!..Mom had no problem and really thought it was a great idea for us to do this, so we left!!..It was GREAT!('cep for the part where I let dad drive). we stayed 3 days and came home. Uncle John was doing pretty well while we were there and It was good that dad got to see him.. Uncle John died 2 weeks after we got back home.
 I kind of would like to go back again but its a LONG drive! 4 days up, a few days there and we were ready to go, and then 4 days back.
Well, Thats about Fall River...
 Hey, you mentioned Plymouth!...Just real quick,,,Have you heard of William Bradford?.. My wife is a direct descendant of him! Her parents( Les and Helga Bradford) are visiting us all the way from Plattsburgh NY! They're fixing to leave this Saturday..Oh... Bradford wasnt the "Nice Guy" that people familiarize him as being...Ok, thats all....Sorry to keep on yacking so much for such an easy question.
your friend,
john

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 09:02:31 am »
Yes, I've heard of William Bradford, a former neighbor (she's moved to Florida) was also a direct descendant.  It's hard to not hear of the original pilgrims around here!  :lol:   My mother was the horticulturist at Plimoth Plantation in the 80's and 90's, my youngest brother was a pilgrim down there as a child, he had a name and learned to speak the way they did back then.

As for Fall River, you mentioned Battleship Cove.  I could have slept on it with the Cub Scouts back when my eldest was in Scouts.  They offer overnights where the boys get to sleep in those slung hammocks (the women slept in the Officers' Quarters  :) )  Very neat experience for the kids, not so much for momma  :shock:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 11:00:08 am »
John, cool, about Lizzy Borden's house.  Lizzy Borden took an axe..... I bet the whole world knows that rhyme, how could that be.  Best of a great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service