Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: cherry laurel  (Read 2651 times)

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
cherry laurel
« on: January 19, 2007, 07:56:21 pm »
I moved 20 hives to another yard 30 miles south of me and went to check on them today and found them very busy.

Here is a link on info on the tree itself. :-Dhttp://www.floridata.com/ref/p/prunus_c.cfm

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Re: cherry laurel
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 08:06:29 pm »
My similar tree.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 10:46:21 am »
Now isn't that Cherry Laurel a simply beautiful and astounding shrub.  I can bet the bees were going nuts on this one.

There is a plant here (too invasive for me to want to bring it to my place) called the Japanese Knotweed that a friend of mine has.  She says that the bees absolutely love this plant.  Hers has not spread, (she should consider herself lucky).  But what I see of the knotweed, it has kind of similar flower clusters as the Cherry Laurel.  Interesting.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kev

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 09:24:10 pm »
I'm jealous. We got another 2 inches of snow today.
('course it doesn't get to be 110 here in july either)

kev
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.

anything